Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: In other world.. No corresponding gate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got sucked into other world then the gate got sealed.. What do?

Sorry for quick and short, on phone
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jwoodall wrote:
Lost in time and space!


And that's never good
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jwoodall wrote:
Lost in time and space!


At least, once you are due to exit the Other World. Until then, you continue moving through the Other World as usual.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
majormarkd wrote:
Got sucked into other world then the gate got sealed.. What do?

Read the rules? For a change it's in the obvious place in the rulebook.

Page 8 Other World Movement
Quote:
If the investigator is in the second area of the Other World, he returns to Arkham. The player must choose a location that contains a gate to the Other World he is leaving.
...
If there is no open gate leading to the Other World the investigator is in, the investigator is lost in time and space (see page 17).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Read the rules? For a change it's in the obvious place in the rulebook.
What it is to feel so smug Of course, what's obvious to you might not be so obvious to somebody else. The world seems divided in two on the subject of the value of the AH rulebook for use "in play". Personally, I tend to search a pdf of the rules when I'm trying to find something in a hurry - but then my search skills aren't always what they could be.

Not everybody is perfect, neither is every rulebook (are yours?). So let's cut each other some slack and the cut condescending sarcasm too. Please. Thank you.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mccrispy wrote:
Not everybody is perfect, neither is every rulebook (are yours?). So let's cut each other some slack and the cut condescending sarcasm too. Please. Thank you.

Why does it have be sarcastic? Now, if I had just replied "Read the rules" with nothing else then I would say that would be sarcastic but I took the time to dig out the rules and give an actual reference.

Do I need to put a smiley face every time to show there is no malice behind the comment? Note lack of smiley
mccrispy wrote:
xris wrote:
Read the rules? For a change it's in the obvious place in the rulebook.
What it is to feel so smug Of course, what's obvious to you might not be so obvious to somebody else. The world seems divided in two on the subject of the value of the AH rulebook for use "in play". Personally, I tend to search a pdf of the rules when I'm trying to find something in a hurry - but then my search skills aren't always what they could be.

All very true. Trying to find the appropriate rule section while in the middle of the game is a very different matter compared to replying to a forum rules query. It's easy enough to think the situation might be covered in the Closing and Sealing Gates section on pages 17 and 18 for example.

Edit x 3 Must remember not to use angled brackets in these forum posts!!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Do I need to put a smiley face every time to show there is no malice behind the comment?


Yes. whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Do I need to put a smiley face every time to show there is no malice behind the comment? Note lack of smiley
Apparently, you do. Noted.

Quote:
All very true. Trying to find the appropriate rule section while in the middle of the game is a very different matter compared to replying to a forum rules query. It's easy enough to think the situation might be covered in the Closing and Sealing Gates section on pages 17 and 18 for example.
I think you forgot your smiley again shake

Quote:
Edit x 3 Must remember not to use angled brackets in these forum posts!!!
Is that covered anywhere in the wiki on the forums?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
xris wrote:
Read the rules? For a change it's in the obvious place in the rulebook.
What it is to feel so smug :D Of course, what's obvious to you might not be so obvious to somebody else. The world seems divided in two on the subject of the value of the AH rulebook for use "in play". Personally, I tend to search a pdf of the rules when I'm trying to find something in a hurry - but then my search skills aren't always what they could be.

Not everybody is perfect, neither is every rulebook (are yours?). So let's cut each other some slack and the cut condescending sarcasm too. Please. Thank you.


I think taking the time to respond with a helpful quote from the rulebook answering the OP's question buys a poster the benefit of the doubt in terms of whether any malicious sarcasm was intended.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
xris wrote:
Read the rules? For a change it's in the obvious place in the rulebook.
What it is to feel so smug Of course, what's obvious to you might not be so obvious to somebody else. The world seems divided in two on the subject of the value of the AH rulebook for use "in play". Personally, I tend to search a pdf of the rules when I'm trying to find something in a hurry - but then my search skills aren't always what they could be.

Not everybody is perfect, neither is every rulebook (are yours?). So let's cut each other some slack and the cut condescending sarcasm too. Please. Thank you.


I think taking the time to respond with a helpful quote from the rulebook answering the OP's question buys a poster the benefit of the doubt in terms of whether any malicious sarcasm was intended.
Yeah, fair point - and I nearly did just that, but in the end it just tipped over the edge on my internal ruleset; for me, condescension and sarcasm fall short of the "use common courtesy in your posts & Respect others" requirement. That's not to say that I never fall off my pedestal either
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.