Subject: Need some tips on models rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a set of bases coming as well as decals- from Dust studios...

Anyone have some quick tips on how I remove the models from the current base, then apply them to the new ones...

Also- do you know how the Decals work... are they stick on? Glue on?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carefully press a hobby knife around the edges of the tank feet to loosen them then keep working it until they pry loose.
For infantry I just cut them off the base and put pins in the bottom of the feet. when your base is ready, drill holes where the pins will go and super glue them in, either trimming the pins on the bottom or bending them.

The Decals are Waterslide. Cut out the Decal you want to use, hold it in water with tweezers for 60 to 90 seconds, apply some decal sol with a brush where you want to place the decal, then slide the decal on using the same brush. adjust and brush out any air bubbles. after it is fully dry check again for bubbles and prick any with a needle, then apply decal sol to the decal again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putting the model in the freezer for at least half an hour will make the glue more brittle and easier to break. Then, you can use a chisel blade x-acto (#18) to cut between the foot and the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit of an overkill to stick in the freezer, just slide a sharp knife under foot, will cut off very easy and super-glue to the new base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all... pumped... getting my cracked Ice bases... and Ally decals tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.