Patrick Griffith

Virginia
msg tools
Thanks in advance guys.

1. Treasure Cards - Do Adventure and Regular Treasure cards get shuffled together or are they used for separate things?

2. Unexplored dungeon tile edges - I understand the rule "IF my hero ends his turn on a tiles edge." What if I move 5 spaces and cross into the new would-be tile. Do I place a new tile down or am I even allowed to do that?

Also, lets say I choose to move then move again, if after my first movement I'm on an unexplored tile edge would I add a tile them move again? Or would it be only at the end of the second movement?

thanks again.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to this game but I think I can answer your questions:

1. No, the Adventure treasure cards are only used when the scenario briefing mentions them.

2. You cannot move onto a tile that hasn't been laid yet because unless you END your movement on an unexplored edge, a tile doesn't get placed at that time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
I'm new to this game but I think I can answer your questions:

1. No, the Adventure treasure cards are only used when the scenario briefing mentions them.

2. You cannot move onto a tile that hasn't been laid yet because unless you END your movement on an unexplored edge, a tile doesn't get placed at that time.


More precisely, you have to end your Hero Phase on an unexplored edge. So you can't move onto the new tile. It means the monster always get first bash at you (as you stand there peering into the gloom and wishing you'd brought a torch and your specs).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
philmcd wrote:
I'm new to this game but I think I can answer your questions:

1. No, the Adventure treasure cards are only used when the scenario briefing mentions them.

2. You cannot move onto a tile that hasn't been laid yet because unless you END your movement on an unexplored edge, a tile doesn't get placed at that time.


More precisely, you have to end your Hero Phase on an unexplored edge. So you can't move onto the new tile. It means the monster always get first bash at you (as you stand there peering into the gloom and wishing you'd brought a torch and your specs).


That's what I meant, but you're right to clarify.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Adventure treasure is specific to certain adventures and they will instruct you to use them.

Tiles are only laid down during the exploration phase (or if a monster/encounter instructs you to during the villain phase).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely a house rule, but my son and I mix in the adventure treasures with the regular treasures (unless they're irrelevant--no need for a wooden stake in an adventure without a vampire!).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Griffith

Virginia
msg tools
Thanks for the fast replies everyone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago maia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
foxfan wrote:
This is definitely a house rule, but my son and I mix in the adventure treasures with the regular treasures (unless they're irrelevant--no need for a wooden stake in an adventure without a vampire!).


i don't like to shuffle "adventure treasures" with another "treasure cards". because the "adventure treasure" or is much power like "ravenloft icon" or is only used in one a especifiqued adventure like wood stake.

I put one variant to divide the treasure cards into 3 pile decks for get when kill a monster of the level. I think is funny. is on page 4 of the variant.

the link is
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/76749/balance-variant-...

i need testers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.