4 Posts

Nexus Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Remove two humans from a hex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dev Null
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Nexus Ops for the first time last night, so of course we hit a question that we couldn't find an answer for in the rulebook. (Which I don't mean as criticism; this happens _every_ time we play a game for the first time.)

My opponent had a(n Energy?) card that let him discard TWO humans from A hex (emphasis mine.) Can he play it to remove one human from a hex if there is only one present? Or must there be two present for him to play the card at all? And I suppose for completeness' sake: if there are two present and he plays the card, must he discard both? Or can he choose to just discard one?

I thought it must be exactly two from the wording, but wasn't sure so we rolled a die and resolved to look it up here. But if anyone has already answered this I'm not finding it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dev Null wrote:
My opponent had a(n Energy?) card that let him discard TWO humans from A hex (emphasis mine.) Can he play it to remove one human from a hex if there is only one present?

I have the original version, and in that one, the Energize card that fits your description says nothing about the two humans being in a hex. It's a Start-of-Turn card - Radiation Cloud - and says simply "Destroy 2 Humans." I'd assume you could play the card to just kill one if you really wanted to, but I can't imagine not wanting to kill 2. They wouldn't have to be in the same hex, and needn't belong to the same opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lima
Brazil
Sorocaba
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game today and faced this exact same issue, and it looks like it's still unresolved

But since the previous poster mentions the new text is already a nerfed version, we decided not to nerf the card even more—we read it as "up to 2 Humans" and allowed it to be used on an hex with a single human, or a human and other unit(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
that sounds like the best way, especially since we're probably not going to get an official errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.