Subject: How does the multiplayer work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have seen this game advertised for 4 players (and even 6) - how does it work? It is a team or each for his own?
How good is the gameplay at more than 2 players?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
koraldon wrote:
I have seen this game advertised for 4 players (and even 6) - how does it work? It is a team or each for his own?
How good is the gameplay at more than 2 players?

Thanks

It would be two teams, Axis vs Allies. Each player can control one or more planes. Each team member moves during initiative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks,
Did you try to play the game with 4 or 6 players and can share the experience?

In addition, since I'm also looking at A&A war at sea, do you if multiplayer is an option at that game too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
koraldon wrote:
Thanks,
Did you try to play the game with 4 or 6 players and can share the experience?

In addition, since I'm also looking at A&A war at sea, do you if multiplayer is an option at that game too?

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Any of these games can be made multiplayer by virtue of having each player run a ship/plane. I did order a 2 player start up kit of War at Sea, so I'll know in a week, but I'm sure someone who has the game currently can validate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Jenkins
Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played multiplayer war at sea with 6 or more. no problems, you just randomly assign guys to a team, and one gets the planes, one getsa the subs and destroyers, one gets the capital ships.

You really need to go to 4 or more maps and a sort of scenario where it is more than go to the middle / sink the other fleet.

Stuff like bombard the enemy airfiled for a point, and land a landing ship for a point each, against sink a carrier for a point, and kill 4 enemy bomber squadrons for a half point each.

We often have a set up where we choose forces, say 300 build points secretly, random card pull for primary, secondary and tertiary objectives pulled after that, then set up and go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.