Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Sargeant
United States
Kennewick
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules show different artwork on the back of the cargo cards. My game has the same artwork on the back of all the cards. Has anyone else seen the different backs? I sent a message to Mayfair customer service on Friday and am waiting for a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tucker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I noticed that too. Not much point in having a different back anyway really, so they presumably decided (after getting the rules printed) to save money and not bother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The illustrations in the rulebook are in error. We had hoped to have distinguishing artwork on the maneuver and cargo cards, but as the OP notes, the fronts are certainly distinguishable enough that this won't be an issue.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Sargeant
United States
Kennewick
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. Oh well, the game's still fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just curious, Alex Yeager, why is the insert so oddly and poorly shaped?

I just bought both the base game and the Space Port expansion piece. Weirdly the insert is so bad that even the Space Port can't fit into the odd shaped 4th compartment. And the Space Port piece is smaller in both length and width than the other cards. None of the cards can fit either. Only the little rocket can fit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
Just curious, Alex Yeager, why is the insert so oddly and poorly shaped?

It's not that it was oddly or poorly shaped; it's that it's a stock piece that, for a long time, was inserted into any card game that came in that size box (Family Business, Alibi, and so on). As we've started including plastic bags into our games for bits, and because custom inserts are expensive (between the design, and trying to find a manufacturer that could do them in the US cost-effectively), we've simply stopped using inserts except for legacy games.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Guess whoever shaped the Space Port should've shrunk it just that tad bit to fit in the space that can only hold the lowly spaceship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.