Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI all,
Picked this and eastern up some time ago now and just got time to get into them.
I must say there is lots I like about this.
The variable maps were fine for me and add a lot to the game in IMHO.

If I am playing correctly the combat resolution seems quite drawn out.

There are a few points I need clarity on though so any help would be very welcome.

1. Am I right in that when a formation is activated each unit in that formation has to seperately spot and fire at its target? of course getting a bonus if the target unit was spotted this turn already {not cumulative}.

2.If a unit fails its spotting check it is flipped and its activation is over?

3. When making moral checks in the moral phase to see if A formation becomes shaken I assume they get the same modifier to their moral roll for any units missing from their formation?.

4. Just a thought. Dont really understand why they included opp fire as this seems to undermine the formation card play.

5. Am I right in that when you spot you are spotting a unit not a formation so each unit of a formation has to be individually spotted to be fired on?.

Thanks in advance.
I also hear they are reprinting in 2013.
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is reprinting in 2013?

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry mate you will have to work your way through the board I saw this as part of a disussion thread. about the game. what I can remember is that it will be distributed in the UK by another sister company and will have updated maps/counters and a streamlined combat system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI again just found it.
Its one of the first forums on the easter front tank leader page here
spielworks are publishing and another distributer in the uk its all in the thread take a look.
Do you have either?.
can you help me?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this fairly recently so here is my take on your questions.

1. Yes each unit spots seperately and gets a bonus if the target was spotted earlier by a unit rated 'C' or better.

2. Yes it has fired and missed.

3. Yes, the formation adds the value shown next to the morale value (e.g.+2) for every eliminated unit of that formation.

4. You can Op-fire 'out of sequence' but the unit is then flipped over as if it had performed an operation so it will not be able to fire or move again that turn (except it may op-fire again once more if it gets a quick kill on its first shot).

5. You spot a unit but can get positive modifiers for each additional vehicle in the hex if they are not in cover.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THX.
Thanks that clears things up for me.
I enjoying this game.
I think the combat system make the resolution drag a bit though.
I suppose its showing its age is all.
Love the graphics though still looks pretty good to me.
Be interesting to see how the reprint pans out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Jokerman wrote:
4. Just a thought. Dont really understand why they included opp fire as this seems to undermine the formation card play.

To avoid the "PanzerBush" syndrome where a unit that starts out of range dashes into range and takes cover in behind terrain (no LOS), but you have no chance to fire at it while it trundles across your kill zone.

Opp fire only occurs in response to enemy movement, so I don't see that it really undermines the formation cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Jokerman wrote:
THX.
Thanks that clears things up for me.
I enjoying this game.
I think the combat system make the resolution drag a bit though.

Works quickly enough for us. There are a lot of modifiers but that's because it's a rich system. You can have few modifiers and bland or more differentiation with more modifiers.

Quote:
I suppose its showing its age is all.

If the Nations at War-style tank-killing mortars and jet-pack-propelled tank-killing infantry are "modern" then I'll prefer the system that shows its age... the only other current comparisons at platoon level I can think of would be Fighting Formations and Panzer Grenadier. The first is actually more fiddly, the second is simply bland (and actually older than this one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.