Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever committed to emptying your wallets and bank accounts Amazon just dropped the price of Discworld: Ankh-Morpork to it's all time low of $32.30, a significant savings over every other OLGS and with free shipping to boot.

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork (standard edition) $32.30 with Free Shipping at Amazon

Personally, I'm holding off until I've played it because despite a very solid rating, it sounds a bit too random and chaotic for my taste. For those that have been hankering for this particular dish of zany fun it's not to be passed up at this price.

17 Copies available as I hit submit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Paid twice as much for the collector's edition straight from Treefrog about two weeks ago...

No regrets. It's a great game. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Was looking for the kick in the ass to get this. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Bogerly
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Hot Deals posts were scored like school-projects you'd get top marks for comparison shopping, links, price history, and the picture is really just begging to be teacher's pet! Nice job.

A+
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny I had actually ordered it from Amazon on Friday at $39 which was a decent price with Free shipping and I noticed earlier they were dragging their feet in shipping it.

Then I saw this so I was able to cancel and reorder it at the new price - thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElbowGirly wrote:
If Hot Deals posts were scored like school-projects you'd get top marks for comparison shopping, links, price history, and the picture is really just begging to be teacher's pet! Nice job.

A+

All the lauding of the info I linked to just highlighted what I overlooked… a link to the BGG game page! Edited for extra credit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Mayers
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

Is it worth putting out the extra cash for the Collector's Edition or is the base game good enough?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VegasRobb wrote:
Hey All,

Is it worth putting out the extra cash for the Collector's Edition or is the base game good enough?

Thanks

If you are a lover of the game, or buying it for a Pratchett fanatic, the collector's edition is a nice upgrade. From a gameplay standpoint there is virtually no difference as far as I can tell. Unless I've missed something the only differences are:

- New box art
- Thicker player aid card
- Slightly larger board 620x540mm vs 520x430mm
- Wooden coins
- Removal of the number 8 from all places in the game (cards, board, die) in adherence to the Discworld mythos of the books.
- An included poster

I'm a sucker for chrome in general, but this seems a rather minor upgrade compared to many other collector editions out there.

The resin tokens in the Deluxe edition look absolute stellar though, but then it comes down to whether it is worth another $90 over the collector's edition for that alone. (and $120 from the standard!)

If I fall in love with the base game I'll probably just seek out theme appropriate replacements that weren't specifically made for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Treefrog Games sale will end this month. It is a great time to buy the Deluxe Edition. I did and the game looks amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd is totally correct. Deluxe is so beautiful, it's sinful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this has expired. Now showing as $39.54.

A solid "A" for the OP, though: you have done your homework. (The extra marks balance out the marks lost for not keeping a watchful eye on the deal to note the moment it expired. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is dead. OP did do a great job posting this anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.