Subject: Hula dancer, Laka, and Kanaloa final scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
There was another thread concerning final scoring for Laka which did not seem to get resolved. I will ask that again here, but I also want to add the Hula dancer into the discussion.

The tiki (final scoring) states that a player only scores villages which extend to the row of tikis, so...

1) Does Laka (final scoring) score fruit in villages that do not extend to the row of tikis??

2) Does a Hula dancer (final scoring) score if the village she is in does not extend to the row of tikis??

Since tiki (final scoring) says to remove all place tiles of villages that do not reach at least 1 tiki before scoring the villages, and Kanaloa (final scoring) states to score items "only if they are still in the final scoring," consistency would say that neither of the two cases above score either.

But now I want to add another layer to this:

3) Do Kanaloa and Laka score anything if the village they are in does not extend to the row of tikis, since, according to the Tiki (final scoring) rules, they, too, would be removed in this situation (please note: God tiles are listed in the rules as place tiles)??

I am hoping for some official answer to these :-)

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have an official answer already... the rulebook example.

1. No
2. No
3. No

Simply put, REMOVE the villages that didn't extend as far as the tikis. Then calculate your scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Sorry. I read rule supplement, then checked all the rules threads, but somehow completely overlooked the 2nd scoring example.

I guess the fact that the previous thread seemed to have been left in limbo led me to incorrectly assume it was still an open issue.

Thank you very much.

Trump wrote:
You have an official answer already... the rulebook example.

1. No
2. No
3. No

Simply put, REMOVE the villages that didn't extend as far as the tikis. Then calculate your scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.