Klemen Robnik
msg tools
Joyous Surrender, Skulltaker and Hate all state that you are to place figures on the card when a trigger happens. But what happens when Slaanesh plays Joyous Surrender and Khorne one of his cards into the same region? Does the left card rule apply? Do figures hop from one card onto another when the conditions are met?

Does Slaanesh get to place his cultis (and probably cultists under his control?) on the card, but when Khorne kills them/plays Hate they swap cards? Technically Slaanesh could save his cultists from Hate, since these do not leave the region when taken off Hate and placed onto Joyous Surrender. I know its a mess and our playgroup has not met this situation yet - but it might happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only see a conflict between Hate and Joyous Surrender. As with Skulltaker, the killed figures that are to be moved onto this card from Joyous Surrender would otherwise be removed anyways. So it would not make sense to NOT move them when killed.

Between Hate and Joyous Surrender, the question is can figures move from one card to another once attached or not. Resolving from left to right doesnt make much sense here either. They either move from one card to another, or they dont. It is both an immediate effect that you resolve right away with playing the card.

I am tending towards not allowing to move figures in that case because the card played first has already been resolved. But you could also argue that both cards allow to move figures onto it, not stating any precondition. I am not sure if it should be allowed that figures are on both cards simultaneously. One way this would be the best solution, but physically it is hard to apply

Typical rule issue that this expansion has too many of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni L
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to pose the exact same question concerning Hate and Joyous Surrender.

The way I see it, the text on Hate states that target figures can't leave region, not the card itself. I know I'm stretching the interpretation here, but I'd allow both effects to trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Supporting this would be the fact that on the original cards both Warp Shield and Soporific Musk have this addition in brackets:

"As a reminder, you may place that figure on this card."

So, putting figures on a card seems just a reminder of the applied function, not a mechanic in itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemen Robnik
msg tools
After a brief discussion with the gaming group we figured that placing figures on the card will be used only as a reminder. So figures on Hate cant leave the region, while the card is in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.