Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry (Leroy) Capasso
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having terrible luck on The Google today and I'm starting to think these might not exist, but that doesn't even make sense to me, why WOULDN'T they exist?!

I need to get some marbles (opaque preferred) in pink, purple, turquoise, etc. Does anybody have some links or store recommendations? I don't need a lot, but the colors are the most important so if they're only available in bulk, so be it. Size isn't important as long as they aren't the size of quarters or something, but I need four colors in matching sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried http://www.boardsandbits.com/ ?

It's the first place I go to when I need pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked out any of the craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby or equivalent in your area? They usually carry marbles or beads in different colors

Or online there is http://www.marblesmarbles.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Homatidis
England
flag msg tools
badge
You may have some luck here. The small mineral spheres have possibilities. The gem marbles do too. Depends upon how much you would like to spend on them.
www.landofmarbles.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry (Leroy) Capasso
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
80sgamer wrote:
Have you checked out any of the craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby or equivalent in your area? They usually carry marbles or beads in different colors

Not yet, but it's on the schedule for this weekend when I get this project in motion (of which the idea was born this morning).

80sgamer wrote:

Oooh. This is pretty good, although they don't quite have shades of pink (or purple) I like. But this is way better than anything I've been able to find thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
have you looked into beads? would the hole be a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Ebay.

When I built my own chinese checkers board, I wanted something special. Found some great stuff from a UK seller - molly9679, has an ebay shop called Molly's Marbles. Still selling as of 30 seconds ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they have to be spheres, or would flat counters work as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry (Leroy) Capasso
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For people asking, I am making a Joker Marbles board with a princess/girly theme, so having spherical marbles is kind of important. Or important in regards to that's how I want to make it.

The marblesmarbles.com link has ALMOST what I needed, in their "Clearies" section they have pink, turquoise and teal marbles but are out of stock of purple. Urgh! SO CLOSE. One color short! I guess I can contact them to see if they plan on restocking that color. Or try to find another shop with the same size/color.

Thanks for all the links and such though, it's been helpful although I could still use any other ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.moonmarble.com/

http://www.megaglass.com/c/marbles.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.