Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every year in March there is a "Geek Madness" tournament going on here on BGG, hosted by the inimitable
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb

For fans of the Top 50 threads (Most played & the Top Statistics) that come out every month--if you keep wishing there was something you could do to personally affect the outcome in favor of the games you love, THIS IS IT!

There's a lot of history and bragging rights attached to this tournament, so feel free to dig into the past tournaments, and set yourself up to be notified of future tournaments.

So get over there, people, and get your thumbs up for Flash Point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
All good, but I think the link you need is:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/137060/official-2012-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only games in the Top 60 are automatically given slots for the tournament. Since Flash Point is still so new it hasn't had as much time/exposure yet to climb to the top of thew ranks. It is currently ranked as #268 with a 7.58 Average Rating, its only hope of even getting into the tournament this year is via the community nominations preliminary round. There are 8 slots, and as of the close of the nominations today, Flash Point is not in the top 8--it is 65 votes shy, at least.
Let's push the best new cooperative game into the tournament (and then vote for it in every round!)

Here is the link for Flash Point--it's ranked #116 in the preliminary runnings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
All good, but I think the link you need is:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/137060/official-2012-g...

The ninjas were at work, once again!
(See, I had a plan.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Danny modest

Cool thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably bump this thread every year with a new entry in March, just as a rallying point. Thanks for your support, interest, and (I hope) thumbs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RESULTS:
Well, folks, I guess Flash Point just isn't a contender this year. There's just not enough interest in it (YET) to put it in the top 64. We'll have to wait until next year to see our collective evangelization pay off. Keep sharing this great cooperative game!

This year it came in at 25th place (of 223 nominations) for 1 of the 8 wild card slots in the tournament. It had 64 votes (thank you!) which put it 55 short of a wild card slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the preliminary round just ended earlier this week. That is notable because I missed it...perhaps you did too. "What's the big deal with missing the preliminary round," you ask? Well, 14 of the 64 slots are to be filled with community nominations. The preliminary round was the time to write-in games.

The good news is: Flash Point was nominated with plenty of time to really compete for a spot in the tournament. The bad news is: Flash Point received only 46 votes--which puts it at #35 on the write-in list. Remember, only the top 14 are going to the party. So, even though the total votes in the preliminary round were lower than last year, Flash Point was 40 votes shy of the 14th spot and will be watching from the sidelines. That's further out of the heat than it was last year. (Shame on us.)

P.S.> I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to "sound the alarm", but for future reference: anyone can/could have bumped this thread. Better luck next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.