Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I generally prefer simple variants that adjust setups, and don't change the rules too much. So, we've made this variant for 20th Century, have played it a couple of times now and enjoyed it.

1) Each round during Phase 1: Setup, place 1 less of each tile than in the 3 player game. So place 4 land tiles, and 3 technologies. The technology cost starts on the 3 player spot, no change.

2) In Phase 3: Catastrophes, use only the leftmost and the rightmost column of each card. So, one player will get nothing, the other will get the worst possible result. We found bidding to be quite intense this way.

3) Round 6 Bonus Scoring: All as normal, except for the most commerce and science remaining in the players' hands. The player holding the most coins gets 5 points, the other player 0. Ditto for Science.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds great.
my wife and i played it nearly the same way. except for the bidding on catastrophes. we go for the first (0) an fourth (because the last is to hard) column
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Grund
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a nice looking physical (printable) version of your 2 player variant in the same style as the actual rule book because I enjoyed it so much.

anyone who wants it, feel free to use it.
it is 300dpi at 8.5X11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it Lucas, looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.