Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
264 Posts
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: The BJ Lillo Memorial Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: complaint [+] constant_state_of_purge [+] geekletion [+] [View All]
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
So is this a happy ending or not?
Dammit, I need to be told!

C'mon--the dude's name is "BJ". I think it transcends mere "happy ending" status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
So is this a happy ending or not?
Dammit, I need to be told!

Only if this is the last time the users infringes policy. Otherwise its just a lull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Octavian wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Admittedly I was not asking about only this one specific violation type. Both BJ and Koldie are/were self-identified conservatives. Have any self-identified Liberals been permanently banned for RSP activity in say the last year?

This is the only violation that results in indefinite suspensions. All others are temporary.

-MMM

Has a self-identified liberal then ever been permanently banned for this type of violation? It would seem surprising if none had ever before done such a thing.
Why all the questioning about an action with such a small sample space? Plus, if you DID happen to find that more orange people than purple people were being indefinitely suspended, that could mean that, a) you don't have enough data, b) an outlying statistic was seen, or c) orange people are bigger pricks than purple people.

I don't see what you expect to find with this line of questioning, Tailgunner Joe.

Comming back to regular posting after a long period of inactivity. I realize this was old...but it so perfectly reflects the bias here that it stings. OP on this comment thread was essentially dodged. Responder here essentially labels all of class pricks and goes free. Congrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP is no longer moderated and the OP was allowed back as part of a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Randy Cox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Wait. You're saying he should play favorites when doing his job?

I'm saying that zero-tolerance policies are quite often unjust, and exist only to provide cover for people who make bad decisions.
Or provide support to those who must make unpopular decisions.

Because of zero-tolerance policies in schools, we've seen straight-A students get expelled for having an aspirin tablet. The stories along these lines are legion.

Zero-tolerance policies allow no flexibility, and do not differentiate between good people who sometimes make mistakes, and the truly disruptive and dangerous.

Zero-tolerance policies have little to do with justice. People who follow them deny themselves the important virtue of discretion. They are unnecessarily absolutist, and create a moral void where all judgment is lacking.

Zero-tolerance policies free decision-makers from having to take responsibility for their actions -- a perfect fit for the post-modern "collectivist" mentality.

Waaaaait. You're a LIBERAL!? Holy Christ!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickjost wrote:
Randy Cox wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Octavian wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Admittedly I was not asking about only this one specific violation type. Both BJ and Koldie are/were self-identified conservatives. Have any self-identified Liberals been permanently banned for RSP activity in say the last year?

This is the only violation that results in indefinite suspensions. All others are temporary.

-MMM

Has a self-identified liberal then ever been permanently banned for this type of violation? It would seem surprising if none had ever before done such a thing.
Why all the questioning about an action with such a small sample space? Plus, if you DID happen to find that more orange people than purple people were being indefinitely suspended, that could mean that, a) you don't have enough data, b) an outlying statistic was seen, or c) orange people are bigger pricks than purple people.

I don't see what you expect to find with this line of questioning, Tailgunner Joe. :)

Comming back to regular posting after a long period of inactivity. I realize this was old...but it so perfectly reflects the bias here that it stings. OP on this comment thread was essentially dodged. Responder here essentially labels all of class pricks and goes free. Congrats.
They were perma band for using socks to circumvent bans (if memory serves). Many users got temporary suspensions, including so called liberals. They just had the brains to not try and get around those suspensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Actually, I'd purposefully removed myself from acting as sole judge jury and executioner in RSP, and it's been that way for about a year now.

For all RSP posts, I bring anything flagged to a group of moderators for discussion and the decision is based on the results of those discussions.

Seems this isn't accurate any longer ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Actually, I'd purposefully removed myself from acting as sole judge jury and executioner in RSP, and it's been that way for about a year now.

For all RSP posts, I bring anything flagged to a group of moderators for discussion and the decision is based on the results of those discussions.

That hasn't been accurate for years.

But for sake of updating it, I am currently acting as sole judge, jury, and executioner in RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Octavian wrote:

That hasn't been accurate for years.

But for sake of updating it, I am currently acting as sole judge, jury, and executioner in RSP.

May God have mercy on your poor soul. I hear a shot of really strong whiskey before clicking on the forum title helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is seriously going to mess up the complaint forum poster leaderboard.

Pete (focuses on what's important)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sad because the people that mention meeting up and board gaming together, like BJ, have a lot more character to add on this 4chanish corner forum of BGG. They contribute to the idea that one day, all of us misfits can get together over a game. Too bad he deleted his BGG account instead of just not posting about politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But he also gave into his Dark Side, so as a member of the New Order...I'm torn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell happened THIS time?

Beej is a person I loved to drink and game with, but there was no room for civil political conversation in our friendship, sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
What the hell happened THIS time?

Beej is a person I loved to drink and game with, but there was no room for civil political conversation in our friendship, sadly.

Was it because he always said "You're smart, why don't you see the issue like me, you're acting stupid, I have no respect for you, etc."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.