Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed this earlier today and played a "learning" half game over lunch with work colleague ... thoroughly enjoyed it. I literally know nothing about American football, and was floundering about until the play started to flow.

By the end of the half I was actually thinking about my card plays, rather than choosing almost randomly... even called a timeout to fish out a needed card as the defence. Highlight of the game for me was a lovely sequence down the field, followed by a 15 yard play into the end zone, only to roll a "T" ... and another "T" ... which I assume was a fumble/turnover in the endzone, and a reset to the 20 yard line. No touchdown, but so close..

The half ended with the score at 3-0 ... to be continued.

Well done, Snoop, good fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive from the US. I didn't think it would be available in Australia but the day after I ordered it from overseas it became available on the Milsims website much to my surprise. laugh

At least I can pick up a few more expansions if I decide they're worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
hxbx wrote:

They are. Believe me, they are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoDat wrote:
hxbx wrote:
They are. Believe me, they are!
I got mine in the mail Wednesday, I can't wait to try them out! (Of course, since I ordered all 6 at once, it means a lot of stickers to put on. I've gotten it down to about a minute per die, but still...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Best if you don't think about the 6 x 4 x 7 x 6 stickers, and just get them done. Takes about 2 days, perhaps 3 if you make the cute little boxes somebody kindly posted here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Best if you don't think about the 6 x 4 x 7 x 6 stickers, and just get them done. Takes about 2 days, perhaps 3 if you make the cute little boxes somebody kindly posted here ;)
I've got 9 of the teams done, and I think the way it will work from here on out is "if we want to use a team that hasn't been stickered yet, we take 10 minutes and each get a non-stickered team done." And get them done as we play.

Alternately, I can take 30-45 minutes in front of the TV and get a whole division done when I want something to focus on but not have to think too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I listened to podcasts, but it was actually fun just assessing each team as the stickers went done. I kept telling myself "that's going to be my team" each time I did one. I think I settled on the Ogres ... awesome offence, and the defence just steps aside and lets them through!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.