Subject: Avg. score in 2-player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I've just got the game today and currently have played it twice already. For those who have played the game, especially a 2-player game, what was your average score if you still remember? In my first game, our score was 71 & 80+ while our second game, the score was 71 & 80 (yes, our first and second game's final score are about the same, but that's not the question).

It seems a little high to me and would like to know if they're absolutely normal? I've double checked every single rule and even consulted the forum posts, and I believe we've nailed everything correctly.

- Damien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Kobilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, your score is high, but absolutely possible. Your ships probably had demands that were above average, you waited until the value marker moved up (increasing the VP per good) and you didn't play too destructive (delivering wood, using the Customs office, making the ship leave before it was fully loaded, etc.). There is plenty of room for score variability. So, don't worry about it.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 player game scores: 81-61 and 82-80.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
vittorioso wrote:
Sure, your score is high, but absolutely possible. Your ships probably had demands that were above average, you waited until the value marker moved up (increasing the VP per good) and you didn't play too destructive (delivering wood, using the Customs office, making the ship leave before it was fully loaded, etc.). There is plenty of room for score variability. So, don't worry about it.

Cheers

Friendless wrote:
My 2 player game scores: 81-61 and 82-80.

Great. So I guess it's perfectly normal. Thanks for replying guys.

- Damien

p/s oh, and thanks for the delivering wood tip Alfred. That seems aggressive. I'm going to try it during 4-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I wrong if I say that when playing with 2 usually the difference in the final score is really tight? As of now I played 4 games and 3 ended with 2 points of difference and 1 with 3.
Do u feel first player has an advantage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
james_bond wrote:
Am I wrong if I say that when playing with 2 usually the difference in the final score is really tight? As of now I played 4 games and 3 ended with 2 points of difference and 1 with 3.
Do u feel first player has an advantage?

Uff, I don't think I'm the best person to answer this, but I feel that since you can move the car just about anywhere (given that you have the right amount of money), I think both players have equal fair advantage. I think in 2-player game, you really need to watch out more on what you opponent is doing rather than making a blind guess of what he/she has.

Just my opinion.

- Damien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
My game was 63-58.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio Riquelme
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first game it was 53-42.
Very low demand ships and we usually used the building to set the demand to 0.

So I don't see the point of comparing scoring globally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.