Subject: Playing time short vs. Long game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 90 minute playing time....is that based on the short or the long game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Most games, Long or Short Dungeon are 75 - 90 minutes. It is the number of players that drive the playing time for the most part - 3 players games less than 60 minutes usually, 4 and 5 players 75 - 90 minutes in the many games I have played. I do not believe I have ever had a game run 120 minutes, but I assume a game could, especially with new players.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our 5p learning game tonight took 130 minutes, after setup/rules. We played the short version, and on the final turn if the dragon had not been killed, the game would have ended on an escape. If the exit hadn't been blocked for 2 turns in a row before that, the game would have ended sooner.

Clearly it would go faster now that we know the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Our 5p learning game tonight took 130 minutes, after setup/rules. We played the short version, and on the final turn if the dragon had not been killed, the game would have ended on an escape. If the exit hadn't been blocked for 2 turns in a row before that, the game would have ended sooner.

Clearly it would go faster now that we know the game.

Hello,

New to the game, just picked it up on Friday and got in a play last night. I am curious - how was your exit 'blocked'?

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Raider30 wrote:
New to the game, just picked it up on Friday and got in a play last night. I am curious - how was your exit 'blocked'?

I don't know the proper terminology, but the special event (dragon damage) card said "Nobody can run" two rounds in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Raider30 wrote:

I don't know the proper terminology, but the special event (dragon damage) card said "Nobody can run" two rounds in a row.

Ah, well that makes sense then. Obviously not a card I had come up in my single play through! I was worried that I had misread a rule on movement or something.

Thanks for clearing that up.

- Raider30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.