Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a bunch of screen shots of the upcoming (sometime this year) release of Eclipse in IOS. It can be found here:

http://www.bigdaddyscreations.com/666/status-update/#more-66...

I am looking forward to this. Hearing that Eclipse was coming out in IOS is what pushed me over the edge to purchase an iPad last December. I have not been disappointed! Big Daddy's rendition of Neuroshima Hex is very good, as is their Caylus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gyros p
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks really cool, especially the custom ships for each race! .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need this app for Android, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant buy for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schmalz
Germany
Köln
Nordrhein Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully for the iPhone as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this looks really nice!
What options for multiplayer? Any AI? I realize no one has the answers but how are these features in their other mobile games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gyros p
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lexi wrote:
Hopefully for the iPhone as well...

I don't think that you really want to play this on an iPhone
unless you are eagle-eyed or have a very good magnifier .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
I realize no one has the answers but how are these features in their other mobile games?

BigDaddy's games so far has several AI levels and async multiplayer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wouldn't it be cool if the real game looked like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Wow this looks really nice!
What options for multiplayer? Any AI? I realize no one has the answers but how are these features in their other mobile games?

Well, I do have some answers

1. AI - yes
2. Multiplayer - pass & play + online asynchronous mutliplayer (yes, with private games also)
3. iPhone - most probably Retina Display devices, but we will see how much we can squeeze into 480x320 displays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Why the change in style, and why green planets? If there is a visibility problem between the planet colors, exaggerating the colors a bit should work fine, rather than changing one to green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eike Hanus
Germany
Büttelborn
flag msg tools
GAMES!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The interface looks really nice. Only the star map seems to take some getting used to. Also I wonder if there is a mechanism to prevent accidentally taking a wrong action by touching the button unintently. The actions are all pretty close together after all.

If I had an iPad I'd be pretty interested in this version of the game. Not going to buy one for this, though I wonder if it would be feasible to make an ad-financed web version of this at a later time or something else along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:
Why the change in style, and why green planets? If there is a visibility problem between the planet colors, exaggerating the colors a bit should work fine, rather than changing one to green.

Believe me, this isn't just the first idea we tried. We started with original tiles at first and then modified things to make them look more like a video game. I know using different color will be a bit controversial for some people, but using brow simply wasn't an option - try to imagine an orange UI element that is half-transparent on a black background next to a non-translarent brown element. Don't they look a bit alike? There's no such problem with green and orange.

Spearhead wrote:
The interface looks really nice. Only the star map seems to take some getting used to. Also I wonder if there is a mechanism to prevent accidentally taking a wrong action by touching the button unintently. The actions are all pretty close together after all.

If I had an iPad I'd be pretty interested in this version of the game. Not going to buy one for this, though I wonder if it would be feasible to make an ad-financed web version of this at a later time or something else along those lines.

Yes, every action will require a confirmation to perform it, so there will always be a way to cancel an action chosen by accident.

About ad-financed free web version - it's not impossible and I'm not saying it will never happen, but it is less probable than Android version (which also isn't planned at this point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
What about giving some of the planets some texture. Or some shade of grey, or even bluish. Green makes me think of forest planets.

Some planetary systems from Master of Orion 2 for reference / ideas:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b005t3r wrote:
, but it is less probable than Android version (which also isn't planned at this point).

Sadness. Nobody loves us android users. We'll just go back to playing Monopoly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon S
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
InfoCynic wrote:
b005t3r wrote:
, but it is less probable than Android version (which also isn't planned at this point).

Sadness. Nobody loves us android users. We'll just go back to playing Monopoly.

Whoa, you get Monopoly? My friend's Windows phone is relegated to flipping around the calculator to write dirty words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, well, at $5, I don't think it's a buy for me. I'll stick to dirty words and Androminion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bevan
Canada
flag msg tools
$5 board game is a steal of a deal if its well designed and supports online play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can just buy the boardgame for $100 when it gets reprinted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apbevan wrote:
$5 board game is a steal of a deal if its well designed and supports online play.

Sure, I'd pay $5 for Eclipse (shoot, I'd probably pay $20 if it plays well on my Touchpad-converted-to-Android-Tablet). But $5 for Monopoly (and I don't hate the game either) is another story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
apbevan wrote:

Sure, I'd pay $5 for Eclipse (shoot, I'd probably pay $20 if it plays well on my Touchpad-converted-to-Android-Tablet). But $5 for Monopoly (and I don't hate the game either) is another story.

I must say that I believe you are being very short-sighted here. Think about it. You buy Monopoly for $5. Then "pass Go" just one time and you have made back your $5 plus $195!! And then, you can take that $195 and purchase, say, New York Avenue and still have plenty of cash left over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's 5 geekcents. If you pass the homepage, you can try to collect 2 . I want half, as an investor. If you can't manage to figure how to make that work, well, perhaps I'll reconsider your advice on monopoly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bevan
Canada
flag msg tools
Ah you meant $5 for Monopoly not Eclipse, you don't sound so crazy anymore.

If you liked monopoly enough to want to play it all the time $5 sounds like a good price but i'm certainly not that into monopoly.

I have yet to get a hold of a physical copy and the idea of having many asynchronous games going... well my wife might get jealous blush
Im not willing to admit how much I would pay for eclipse on the iPad lest they decide to charge it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
WarColonel wrote:
Whoa, you get Monopoly? My friend's Windows phone is relegated to flipping around the calculator to write dirty words.

There is Monopoly on Windows Phone whistle. And Zombies! And Carcasonne coming... and Vicious Fishes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yosz wrote:
WarColonel wrote:

There is Monopoly on Windows Phone whistle. And Zombies! And Carcasonne coming... and Vicious Fishes

Shamelessly advertising your own merchandise... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.