8 Posts

Zpocalypse» Forums » General

Subject: Getting closer to Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Master
United States
flag msg tools
This past weekend was spent shooting videos for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign which launches this Friday!!

Here is a shot of me setting up some of the tiles to be recorded:

I'm a HUGE fan of board games that have video tutorials. So we are taking the extra step and having QR codes in our rule book that you can scan. These will take you to different videos which will explain the page your on.

Example shot of rule book:

Example QR code leading to our teaser trailer. (Note Links will be provided for those without smart phones)

And link for those who need it:
[geekurl]http://greenbriergames.com/zPocalypse/index.php/2012/02/zpoc...]QR - Code Cover Page[/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy brain souffle! That's quite a set-up you have there! Are you the next Cecil B. DeGeorgeLucas?

Looking forward to your final productions -- the game, the videos, and Kickstarter.

Best of luck! (I predict Zpocalypse will be fully funded 17 days after it hits Kickstarter.) thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Master
United States
flag msg tools
Thank you!

I really appreciate the feedback. Were working hard over here on Zpocalypse.

I cant wait to show you guys how some of the videos are coming out. I have Todd Goodman to thank, he's spearheading the creation and editing of the tutorial videos. Not only that but he brought over all of the gear to do the shoot this past weekend. I was giddy he had Cannon 5D MarkII camera.. such a fantastic camera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, I just noticed a few typo glitches on the rules page you posted:

Within the left Zombie Movement box, you have
"Zombies will split in half with an odd numbered amount the going to the player with the higher (star)."

I assume it should read -
"With an odd number of Zombies, they will split in half with the greater amount the going to the player with the higher (star)."

Within the LOS box -

"You must have forgotten your x-ray glasses."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
And that is why we have yet to post the full rules document still going through some edits!

Thanks for pointing that out I'll be sure to update it!!

~Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Houle
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will kickstart you game, It look like a awesome game and I love zombie game. You did a really nice job!

Just a little suggestion, can you turn down the opacity of the white dot on the tiles? Many didn't like the tiles in Descent because of the white line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Sam,

Similar to Decent our map requires the player to be able to clearly tell where each square is during game play. This could be for counting movement, range for firearms ect.

We agree that having a very bright white line is to much. We have toned it down some. This picture shows you a bit better of how our tiles have come out:

~Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.