Johan Brattstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi!

As I understand it, untits in command must be in the same formation but in the set up,for camden for example the americans center command has open and close formation. How do you cope with that since it is forbidden?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but, from what I recall, units in a command can have different status, i.e., open, closed, skirmish, column. Those statuses affect stacking, thus an open and a closed company can't be in the same hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Brattstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
No! The rule book states at 6.14 that "All units in a given command, except for Out of command untits and skirmishers, must be in the same formation. Out of command (In a diffrent formation) or SK units that rejoin their command during an activation assume the command´s formation at the end of the activation." So they all must be in the same formation and still the NC mil at the Camden setup have two diffrent formations in the same command, open and closed line. what to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close 'em up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Brattstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
...But that dose´nt seem right either! I found that the 3d senario is the same. One command but two diffrent formations, close and open. In that senario they even state that the close formation in that command can´t be change so does that meen that you have to change the other guys to close and keep em like that. It dose seem wierd to even make the setup in the senarios like this since it contradicts the rules and that the first activation must be formation chanage for those units in that command so they will end upp with the same formation. I know its an old game with little intresst but i really enjoy it and are really upset trying to find the answer so please respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close them as part of the OOB/set-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Brattstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
OOB? What does that mean? And by the way, Im really glad that you are answering my questions. Thanks alot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Myers
Australia
Unspecified
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Johan, these are scenario special rules and they take precedence over the those found in the main body of the rule book.

Also, if you have a look at Consimworld you can see Sprengtporten's Swedes in action against Belling's boys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
OOB = Order of Battle

An OOB describes the units that are involved in the battle and perhaps even when they arrived.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. OOB is Order of Battle. Units involved in the scenario, etc., the set-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Brattstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks alot! For all the help=)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.