Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Pollard
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi All,

Sorry to bring up this rather contentious issue, but just for my piece of mind can you confirm whether I'm right or wrong in this situation:

Imagine it is Germans v Russians. The Russians have a T34 with no motion counter and it is the Germans movement phase - they have a PzIV.

If I were to move the Panzer IV, then pay the extra MP to stop then take a shot at the T34, the following Case C would apply:

C. Which equals B + T.ST +2 for a total of +4

Plus...
c1 if between 2.5-3MP's in LOS for a total of +5 (+4 above +1)

OR

C2 if smaller or equal to 2 MP's in LOS for a total of +6 (+4 above + 2)

OR
No other C additions if more than 3MP's in LOS?

Is this correct so far? I think what's confusing me is that case B is for APh only? So why does C in the movement phase use it?

Now if I assume that the PzIV did not pay the MP to stop and is in fact in motion when taking the shot, the total DRM would be all of the above - as detailed above + the lower die gets multiplied by 2?

Hopefully - crossed fingers I have this right!

It's a shame that other than case c most of the rest of the to hit table seems to make sense!

Thanks
RobP
http://AncientArmies.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Case C it's a little difficult.

Case B alone would only apply for firing in the APh without entering a new hex (and without using Opportunity Fire). Watch out that it can be +3 for woods/building/rubble.

Case C always adds Case B. So maybe they could just simply add it into Case C modifiers... but it's the way it is.

Case C1 and C2 are used only for Bounding First Fire, that is, an AFV that fires during his MPh instead of waiting for the AFPh. If you wait for the AFPh, C1 and C2 do not apply.

Case C3 has nothing to do with tanks.

Case C4 is used with Non-Stopped firers (that is, during the MPh) and also with Motion firers (that is, outside the MPh). So it applies both firing during the MPh or the AFPh is the AFV is not stopped. And it doubles the lower die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlashPan wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry to bring up this rather contentious issue, but just for my piece of mind can you confirm whether I'm right or wrong in this situation:

Imagine it is Germans v Russians. The Russians have a T34 with no motion counter and it is the Germans movement phase - they have a PzIV.

If I were to move the Panzer IV, then pay the extra MP to stop then take a shot at the T34, the following Case C would apply:

C. Which equals B + T.ST +2 for a total of +4

Plus...
c1 if between 2.5-3MP's in LOS for a total of +5 (+4 above +1)

OR

C2 if smaller or equal to 2 MP's in LOS for a total of +6 (+4 above + 2)

OR
No other C additions if more than 3MP's in LOS?

Is this correct so far? I think what's confusing me is that case B is for APh only? So why does C in the movement phase use it?

Now if I assume that the PzIV did not pay the MP to stop and is in fact in motion when taking the shot, the total DRM would be all of the above - as detailed above + the lower die gets multiplied by 2?

It's a shame that other than case c most of the rest of the to hit table seems to make sense!

Thanks
RobP

It sounds right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlashPan wrote:

I'd say you've got it right so you can uncross your fingers....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
FlashPan wrote:

I'd say you've got it right so you can uncross your fingers....

.. and un-cross yor legs and release your inner...oh, did I say that out loud? Guh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pollard
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys - this really helps me out. This was one part of the rules I was seriously unsure whether I was doing correctly :)

Thanks
RobP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.