Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last of the new achievements I haven't been able to get. 359 is the closest I've gotten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it seems a little out there, like other difficult-to-near-impossible achievements like winning the game with all the black routes, winning with only grey routes, or winning without opponents having completed any tickets. But it's kind of fun to try to achieve them even if the trying (at least in my case) for the super-difficult achievements gets old pretty quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
Yeah it seems a little out there, like other difficult-to-near-impossible achievements like winning the game with all the black routes, winning with only grey routes, or winning without opponents having completed any tickets. But it's kind of fun to try to achieve them even if the trying (at least in my case) for the super-difficult achievements gets old pretty quick.
The only ones I'm missing are the 15+ Dtick for base, 300+ for 1910 MG, and 400+ 1910 MG. It felt a bit cheap to get the 240+ using 1910 MG, but eh... they should've restricted it otherwise. I'll shoot for these again in the future with some good planning, but for now, I'll develop a casual attitude about earning them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Winning with only grey was actually a bit of fun to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it! 412 pts.

Connections:
Van-Sea-Por-SF-LA-Pho-El Paso-Dal-Houston-NO-Atlanta-Raleigh-DC-NY-Boston-Montreal; with off shoots to Nashville, Las Vegas, Pitt, and Chicago.

Finished tickets(29 tickets):
Van-Montreal; LA-NY; Nashville, NY, SF-DC, Sea-Vegas, SF-ATL, Por-Nashville, Sea-NY, Chi-Bo, Bo-DC, Por-Pho, LA-ATL, Chi-NY, NY-ATL, Mon-Chi, Por-Pitt, Mon-Dallas, Hou-DC, Van-Por, Mon-ATL, Vegas-NY, Chi-ATL, DC-ATL, Por-Hou, Chi-NO, LA-Chi, Pho-Bo, Sea-LA, Dal-NY

3 unfinished: Toronto-Charleston, Duluth, Dallas, KC-Houston
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N Z R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got it. Was driving me crazy. Was about to write a program to solve it, but on a whim tried:

And won with 448 points.

I got every single ticket that connects any of those cities, though that turned out to be overkill, and one extraneous ticket I couldn't complete.

That is:
Calgary-Vancouver-Seattle-Portland-San Francisco-Los Angeles-Phoenix-SantaFe-Oklahoma City-Little Rock-Saint Louis-Nashville-Atlanta-Raleigh-Pittsburgh-New York-Boston-Montréal
with offshoots to:
Las Vegas, Denver, Chicago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmit wrote:
I finally got it. Was driving me crazy. Was about to write a program to solve it, but on a whim tried:

And won with 448 points.

I got every single ticket that connects any of those cities, though that turned out to be overkill, and one extraneous ticket I couldn't complete.

That is:
Calgary-Vancouver-Seattle-Portland-San Francisco-Los Angeles-Phoenix-SantaFe-Oklahoma City-Little Rock-Saint Louis-Nashville-Atlanta-Raleigh-Pittsburgh-New York-Boston-Montréal
with offshoots to:
Las Vegas, Denver, Chicago

Thanks for the pic!

BTW, be sure to charge your Ipad..... soon

EDIT: thanks for the pic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N Z R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

LOL, yes. I need to buy a 10W adapter. We're using the old weak iPod Touch ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmit wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

LOL, yes. I need to buy a 10W adapter. We're using the old weak iPod Touch ones.
There are separate chargers for Ipads? I thought they all charges the same with the same, standard cable wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N Z R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
kelmit wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

There are separate chargers for Ipads? I thought they all charges the same with the same, standard cable wow

Annoying, yes. The cable is the same, I believe, but the adapter is different. The iPad will charge on the old adapter but verrrrry slowly. (And it will claim it's 'Not Charging' but really it is.)

by the by, after breaking 400 once now I keep doing it: build a good network, then figure out how many tickets exist that happen to connect cities already within your network, then get exactly that many and don't keep fishing for tickets. Of course, it all hinges on getting a good network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmit wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
kelmit wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Annoying, yes. The cable is the same, I believe, but the adapter is different. The iPad will charge on the old adapter but verrrrry slowly. (And it will claim it's 'Not Charging' but really it is.)

by the by, after breaking 400 once now I keep doing it: build a good network, then figure out how many tickets exist that happen to connect cities already within your network, then get exactly that many and don't keep fishing for tickets. Of course, it all hinges on getting a good network.

Also, 2048 x 1536 resolution! Must be the Ipad 3's retina display cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N Z R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

Also, 2048 x 1536 resolution! Must be the Ipad 3's retina display cool

Though I'm playing the iPhone version, so it's not retina display worthy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth
msg tools
Who did you play against? I can't seem to find the bot that will allow me to play long enough to get all those tickets!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Nav

Utah
msg tools
I did it with Huntingbot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N Z R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LizzieAnne80 wrote:
Who did you play against? I can't seem to find the bot that will allow me to play long enough to get all those tickets!

Thanks!

I don't totally remember now, but I think I've tried it with every bot. Don't wait till you've completed everything/anything, just keep drawing tickets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to VGG>> Ticket to Ride

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Turner
msg tools
Finally got this one figured out. Managed to get 450 points. However there was one ticket I didn't do and one other ticket which the other player had which would have been possible. I manages 32 tickets in total.

So I believe the maximum points for this works out to be 468.

Route: Cal-Van-Sea-LA-SF-Pho-Santa-OC-KC-St.L-Nash-At-Ral-Pitt-NY-Bos-Mon
Off shoots to: Vegas, Denver & Chicago.

Has anyone beaten 450? or even got the 468 Max using this route?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Turner
msg tools
Oops I missed off Portland in my route, which clearly you need. Make sure you go via Kansas City and not Little Rock as there is a ticket (KC to Boston worth 11 or 10) but no ticket connecting Little Rock using the route I describe in my last post.

Does anyone use another route to get over the 400 points in Mega?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sb kid
msg tools
I have won only using grey routes but I didn't get the achievement. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N Z R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbkid426 wrote:
I have won only using grey routes but I didn't get the achievement. Am I missing something?

Did you get all the grey routes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Boks
United States
Unspecified
Georgia
flag msg tools
You don't need all the grey routes. I think you must have inadvertently added a colored route. BTW. I have still not cracked the 400, but have got the 15 completed tickets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Boks
United States
Unspecified
Georgia
flag msg tools
Did it! 473 points. Route = Vanc, Seat, Port, Sanf, Losa, Phoe, Sant, Okla, Kans, Sain, Chic, Pitt, Newy, Mont. Spurs to: Bost, Wash, Nash/Atla, Dall/ Hous, Lasv.

Yeehah!

I believe the maximum number of points may be 495, will post later the route & tickets needed for this score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Boks
United States
Unspecified
Georgia
flag msg tools
I believe the best possible route and perfect scoring will give you 483 points using this route: Vanc, Seat, Port, Sanf, Losa, Phoe, Sant, Okla, Kans, Sain, Nash, Atla, Rale, Wash, Newy, Bost, Mont. Spurs to: Lasv, Dall/Hous, Chic.

I got my score against loughbot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Tavanti
Italy
flag msg tools

This is my top score, in the picture you can see the path that I have followed and the opponent (Jane Stanbot). I noticed that this player freezes at the end when remains with three trains. If she remains with 4/5 usually puts down another path and closes the game. So you have to be lucky than not their opponent does not take the paths necessary to us but also that eventually remains with only three trains.You have just need to try and try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.