Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought DT Prison last year and it's become one of my favorite games.
But, in learning it I've run across ambiguities or even missing rules that were more clearly written in the base set. I've been maintaining a list for my own use, and I thought I'd post it here for 2 main uses:

- To help those learning the game for the first time with DT Prison, since it is after all a standalone game and the only in-print "base" currently.
- When DT Prison is eventually reprinted, if all these are compiled in one place it'll be easier to touch up the rulebook and make it clearer (so long as the people in charge discover this thread ninja )

Here is the soft copy of the base rules if anyone needs them:

PDF of original English rules.

If anyone has any to add, post a reply and I'll add to the header; if I'm wrong on any of these and the DT Prison rules do state them somewhere let me know and I'll remove the offender!

******************************************************************************************************

1. Objects when revealing a room: DT Prison does not state if they remain face-down until a character picks them up, or are turned face-up when the room is revealed (p.6). Base rules state that they are turned face-up (p.6).

2. When an opponent is on their own starting line blocking an exit: DT Prison does not address this scenario, from what I could find. Base rules state that You can exit the labyrinth by moving through an opponent’s wounded character standing on his starting line. You can also initiate Combat against an opponent’s character standing on his starting line, as long as your attacking character is still in a room and still in the labyrinth. p. 10
Thus, you cannot exit if the blocking figure is unwounded, and you can initiate combat on the blocking figure regardless if they are wounded or not.

3. The Prison rules contain the ambiguous statement that you have all 3 jump cards "at your disposal for the duration of the game."(p.12.) The base rules clarify that each player *starts* with 3 jump cards, but upon play, each jump card is permanently removed from the game (p.10).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

2. When an opponent is on their own starting line blocking an exit: DT Prison does not address this scenario, from what I could find. Base rules state that you may engage an unwounded opponent in combat (if they are on the starting line), or move out the exit if the opponent is on the starting line but wounded (p.10).


You may also attack a wounded character on his own starting line. You may not escape through the starting line if you are blocked by an unwounded opponent.

Geoff
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:

2. When an opponent is on their own starting line blocking an exit: DT Prison does not address this scenario, from what I could find. Base rules state that you may engage an unwounded opponent in combat (if they are on the starting line), or move out the exit if the opponent is on the starting line but wounded (p.10).


You may also attack a wounded character on his own starting line. You may not escape through the starting line if you are blocked by an unwounded opponent.

Geoff


Thanks, good point, you can attack wounded too, after all that would be an easy VP right before the exit VP. I've clarified #2 above, I just put in the verbatim rule passage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul stones
msg tools
so only someone in the dungeon can attack someone on their starting line and not vice versa?

Meaning, anyone on the starting line can not combat someone inside the dungeon?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jubuss wrote:
so only someone in the dungeon can attack someone on their starting line and not vice versa?

Meaning, anyone on the starting line can not combat someone inside the dungeon?


Someone on THEIR OWN starting line can attack someone in the dungeon, if they are adjacent.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.