Subject: AGoT 2e PBF #8: Whispers... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Map

Map kept updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reference Post
Shamelessly stolen from 1awesomeguy

2nd Edition Rulebook (PDF)

House Cards

Game Board

Westeros Deck I
3 x Supply (adjust supply)
3 x Mustering (muster units)
2 x Thrones of Blades* (Iron Throne holder chooses Mustering or Supply or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)
* = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros Deck II
3 x Clash of Kings (bid power tokens on influence tracks)
3 x Game of Thrones (gain power tokens)
2 x Dark Wings, Dark Words* (Messenger Raven holder chooses COK or GOT or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)

Westeros Deck III
3 x Wilding Attack (bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack)
1 x Sea of Storms* (no raid orders)
1 x Rains of Autumn* (no +1 march orders)
1 x Feast for Crows* (no consolidate power orders)
1 x Web of Lies* (no support orders)
1 x Storm of Swords* (no defence orders)
2 x Put to the Sword (Valyrian Steel holder chooses ROA or StOSw or none)

Wildling Cards

Players
Alex Brown (cleon) brad sheehan (bsheehan34)

Mike Wall (Polydor)

Marcelo Marques (Marael)

massimiliano barucca (brancaleone)

Castle Castle (yajirobe)

David F (selwyth)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
msg tools
Let the game begin...Does someone want to post a quick "how to" about PBF, especially in regards to complicated situations (battles, support, bidding) I'm pretty sure there are a few people in this game who have never PBF (myself included, although i think i have it figured out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Marques
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fisrt time on the game, so if I make a mistake by the rules, please let me know. Sometimes I can ask you one thing or other, so take patience. Eddard is still alive here, but he´s on South and so I am not a fully Lord Stark yet.

My orders was sent, and good luck to everyone (no random on game, for sure, but luck is always good :D)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to one and all.

House Tyrell orders sent.

Haven't learnt how to display House crest yet! Now I have with TD's tuition. Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
msg tools
House Greyjoy orders sent

I too havent figured out the crest thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick "How to"

These guidelines are following guidelines of the previous AGoT PBFs. Feel free to send me questions as you have them. Also, I'm ready for turn 1 orders if you wish to send those now as well.

Crests
When you reply, add your crest (or some other indication of your house) below. Do this by copying the line next to your name (you don't have to copy your name), and remove the space before ImageID. So the start of the line will be [ImageID

[ ImageID=988397 square] Greyjoy

[ ImageID=988395 square] Tyrell

[ ImageID=988400 square] Stark

[ ImageID=988398 square] Lannister

[ ImageID=988399 square] Martell

[ ImageID=988396 square] Baratheon

Communications
You may freely communicate with each other via private communication (PMs) at any time in any manner, but do not quote all or in part of what people say to each other. You may paraphrase, but no quoting.

Sending Orders
When you are ready to send orders, send me a PM with your orders. It helps if you pre-pend the subject with something identifying, such as "AGoT 2e PBF#8..." but is not necessary.

As far as executing revealed orders, if it's your turn, you may simply post your actions publicy. If it's not your turn yet, but you know what you want to do and don't wish to hold up the game, you may PM me with your move, and when your turn comes around, if I come online before you, I will post your orders for you.

Leave of Absence
Sometimes people will be out for a day or a few days. I expect at least one action per weekday, minus holidays. But as long as orders are coming in I will execute them as I'm able throughout the day and weekends. If you will be unavailable or have limited access for one or multiple days, please inform myself and the rest of us.

Battles
When you march into battle, we will assume that attacker and defender both provide full support available (unless the respective player posts a total power equal to less than the full support available. Such as posting a power of 3 in a battle, where he has one knight battling, one adjacent footman providing support, and a separate adjacent knight providing support). If there is a third-party who may provide support, request for the support in thread. Their support will not be included until they post, after battle commences, stating which side, if any, they support. If you are not waiting on third parties to submit support, or if it doesn't matter, please PM me with your leader card when you post, and state explicitly that you've sent me the card. In addition to all of this, please post initial power totals for each army in battle.

When defending, if the attacker has already submitted their leader, and all support is in, you may simply post your leader card in the thread in response. If they haven't stated that they've submitted their leader, you may send me a PM with the leader you are using, and state in thread that you've sent me your leader card.

I'll add to this as I may remember/find things, or have additional questions asked.

Bidding
During bidding for the tracks or wildlings, please submit all bids to me, one at a time. Again, you may send me future bids early, but that isn't necessary.

EDIT: 3/7/2012 6:02am PST added Battles, Bidding
EDIT: 3/14/2012 10:03am PST named the house next to the banner code.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
msg tools
Thank you for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Castle Castle
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The ravens flew from Sunspear with the orders.

Yajirobe Martell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimiliano barucca
Italy
flag msg tools
thank you for the help.

orders sent

by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies. House Tyrrel is going to be away until Saturday night exploring one of the most scenic, but wettest parts of the United Kingdom!

But our moderator has my Orders and all relevant moves, so I hope I don't delay the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just received the last order, so I'll update the map accordingly. I've planned on posting map updates throughout the thread in addition to keeping the first post constantly up to date, for the sake of those rereading through the game. But I've also realized that since I'm hosting the first image picture in Dropbox, which is blocked from this computer, I can only update it about once a day. Just an FYI, until I find a better solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Orders
Stark
White Harbour -> Conosolidate Power*
Winterfell -> March +0
Shivering Sea -> March +1*

Tyrell
Dornish Marches -> Consolidate Power
Highgarden -> March -1
Redwyne Straights -> March +0

Greyjoy
Pyke -> March +0
Pyke Port -> March -1
Greywater -> Consolidate Power
Ironman Bay -> Support

Martell
Sunspear -> March +1*
Saltshore -> March -1
Sea of Dorne -> Support +1*

Lannister
Golden Sound -> Defense +2*
Lannisport -> March +1*
Stoney Sept -> Consolidate Power

Baratheon
Shipbreaker -> March +0
Dragonstone -> March +1*
Kingswood -> Support

Orders:
Raven - Lannister, would you like to swap an order or see the top of the Wildling deck?
Raids
none
Marches
Baratheon
Lannister
Stark
Martell
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Baratheon
Stark
Martell
Greyjoy
Tyrell
Consolidate Powers
Lannister
Stark
Greyjoy
Tyrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, took me a while to get to this thread, but I'm subscribed now.

Got my orders in already, just need Lannister to decide with the raven and we're rolling.

Thanks for doing this Travis! I never look at the first image in the thread anyway, but if you want to update it more often, maybe you could sync it to your phone and use a Dropbox app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:

Sorry, took me a while to get to this thread, but I'm subscribed now.

Got my orders in already, just need Lannister to decide with the raven and we're rolling.

Thanks for doing this Travis! I never look at the first image in the thread anyway, but if you want to update it more often, maybe you could sync it to your phone and use a Dropbox app?

Good idea. Unfortunately my phone sucks. It's Android 1.5 (cupcake?). I looked over the other threads, though, and I think when I'm not able to use my own computer, I'll make use of imgur.com and w/e that website was that is like using gimp/photoshop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimiliano barucca
Italy
flag msg tools

lannister sends a Raven beyond the Wall to spy the wildlings...

(please, remember i read and write posts from Italy. now here is 8.05 A.M., yesterday i check for new posts till 22.00 p.m., but nothing.)

bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb

Beware the wildfire.

March +0: 1 ship from Shipbreaker's Bay to Blackwater Bay.

Lannister is up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimiliano barucca
Italy
flag msg tools

March* +1: 1 knight from lannisport to riverrun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Marques
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My footmen goes from winterfell to Stony Shore
My knight goes from winterfell to Moat Cailin

Only a note: my Consolidate Power in White Harbor is a special one. (On the text is ok, but in the map it is not

Winter is coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
msg tools

I know I'm skipping martell but my first march does t affect anyone
March my boat from the port of pyke into ironman's bay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Castle Castle
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
March -1: FM move from Salt Shore to Starfall. Leave a Power Token behind.

Yajirobe Martell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
House Tyrell March -1: FM move from Highgarden to The Arbor.

House Baratheon March +1*: FM and Kn march from Dragonstone to King's Landing (3+1) + Support from Kingswood (1) = 5 strength. Baratheon takes King's Landing.

Lannister has finished his last march. Stark's turn to march.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marael wrote:
Only a note: my Consolidate Power in White Harbor is a special one. (On the text is ok, but in the map it is not

Winter is coming.

I noticed my mistake on the map yesterday. But every time I tried to upload a corrected map, somehow the image would completely mess up and I'd have a double copy of all tokens/units, with the second copy shifted down a little bit. :/ Updating the map isn't that difficult, but these applications just aren't liking me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Marques
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, no prob about the map. Only a warning for any concern :D

My ship moves from Shivering Sea to Narrow Sea.

Go Martell

Winter is coming. I am going to south...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
House Martell March +1*: Kn to Storm's End. FM to Yronwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.