Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

We (mostly Daniel) have been working on improving the graphical design of Wilderness for the imminent printing of the game. He has done a great job, which can be seen at FryxGames image gallery:
http://www.gallery.fryxgames.se

Click on the Wilderness icon, and off you go on a tour to the new goodness! Just cycle through the images to get a great view of what is coming.
We will also post some of the images here shortly.

A trailer of the game is available at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZ4OwvOA1A&context=C3a9553aA...

Wilderness can still be supported and pre-ordered at
http://www.indiegogo.com/Wilderness-A-Game-of-Survival

Since we will only print about 1500 games, chances are that Wilderness will not be available everywhere in the world. A pre-order will ensure you a game regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the images are now available here at BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Reilly
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested in this game, but a little disappointed that there do not appear to be any women represented in the game. All of the images are of men. A lot of my gaming friends are women, and I'm sure they would like to have female characters to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd like that too. Unfortunately, it's been a forgotten feature (partly because we've played the first edition with tin figurines where 2 of them could pass for women). With all material sent to the factory now it's too late for such alterations I'm afraid.
Still, none of my female friends have been put off by the images all being of men. For several of them, this game is a favorite.

Edit: We have only one week to go on IndieGoGo, so gather those friends of yours and order 5 copies for a big shipping reduction, or 10 for free shipping! This is a great gift for cousins and friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Reilly
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohanCarstensen wrote:
Maybe that could be a feature in an expansion?

That would be cool!

I am really interested in this game, but I know from experience that some of the women in my group would complain about the lack of female characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like a perfect game for you. Some of our biggest Wilderness-fans are women. Female characters are not included in the base game, but we'll see what we can do for Essen-2012...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
Fryxen wrote:
Still, none of my female friends have been put off by the images all being of men.

Have you asked?

I know some of them would like to have female characters available, but noone has declined a game, so obviously they haven't been 'put off' by it. On the contrary, they often suggest playing Wilderness.
And, as I said, we hope to be able to add female characters in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
2097 wrote:
Fryxen wrote:
Still, none of my female friends have been put off by the images all being of men.

Have you asked?

I know some of them would like to have female characters available, but noone has declined a game, so obviously they haven't been 'put off' by it. On the contrary, they often suggest playing Wilderness.
And, as I said, we hope to be able to add female characters in the future.

Boy:"Would you like to play [the game I spent a lot of time developing that is really important to me]?"

Girl: "Sure I'd love to play [your game]!" (Oh, that game. The one with all the macho men figures. *sigh* Maybe I can pretend one is a flatchested girl with a butch haircut.)

Boy: "Great!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
I know some of them would like to have female characters available, but noone has declined a game, so obviously they haven't been 'put off' by it.

That doesn't seem obvious to me. They might be put off by this one aspect, but still play it for any of several reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.