Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
Typical Hasbro marketing! There were a number of "comics" and wallpapers too. They really did intend to market the game to kids, then realized it was a really good game, and adults had all the money! Ergo - League of Extraordinary Heroscapers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Live the adventure. Play the game. HeroScape!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So many blasts from the past!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems someone at Hasbro really likes this concept.

Its being used again for Hasbro's new UNIT-E/Unity project.
This is a teaming of their older products. In the one shot comic we had Acroyer from the Micronauts teaming with Synergy from Gem and the Holograms, and they were slated to meet up with characters from MASK, Candyland, Battleship Galaxies, Action Man, Stretch Armstrong and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Seems someone at Hasbro really likes this concept.

Give a marketing guy a good horse and he'll ride it until it founders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Carr is so badass that the simple act of opening a candy bar results in his being recruited to fight in the battle for all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottB wrote:
Agent Carr is so badass that the simple act of opening a candy bar results in his being recruited to fight in the battle for all time.

QFT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Wilhelm

Texas
msg tools
ScottB wrote:

No, he was fixing to die. Those candy bars had nuts, and he's allergic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't a terrible video if you think about the target audience.....not us 40 somethings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While you all are here anyway... does anybody know what Craig Van Ness and Stephan Baker are doing these days? Are they still buried in the corporate shuffle at Hasbro??

I was thinking the other day that it would be great if these guys started their own game company and put out some cool stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Wilhelm

Texas
msg tools
dc0nklin wrote:
While you all are here anyway... does anybody know what Craig Van Ness and Stephan Baker are doing these days? Are they still buried in the corporate shuffle at Hasbro??

I was thinking the other day that it would be great if these guys started their own game company and put out some cool stuff...

Battleship Galaxies is the most recent thing I know Craig has worked on.

although...

Hasbro does love to re-introduce products during anniversaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Weirdscaper 01 wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:

although...

Now that would be pretty amazing. Can you imagine Hasbro bringing back a special edition of Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie in 2014!!!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rossetti
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game weekly for 4 years. Had a great group. The mixed theme turned me off at first, but once you get a few plays in you quickly forget the sillyness and start to love it. There was nothing better than Q9, the giant armored robot being cutdown by of bunch of 18th century solders with muskets. Long live Heroscape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Wilhelm

Texas
msg tools
tmredden wrote:
Dr Weirdscaper 01 wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:

although...

Now that would be pretty amazing. Can you imagine Hasbro bringing back a special edition of Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie in 2014!!!?

Sadly, no, but I could see them come out with something smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brutally smaller...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
Typical Hasbro marketing! There were a number of "comics" and wallpapers too. They really did intend to market the game to kids, then realized it was a really good game, and adults had all the money! Ergo - League of Extraordinary Heroscapers!

I remember seeing a commercial on tv when I was around 30 some years old and saying to myself 'wow, that game looks cool!'

Of course once I received the base game all the expansions were bought because 'my son' liked the game so much shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Then they handed it off to WOTC (or at least let them dick around with it). Ta-ta HeroScape. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.