Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Tom has ever damaged a game from the component drop? Surely after hundreds of videos with that feature at least one figure has snapped, or a card hit perfectly and bent in half.

I've never heard him mention it, and I definitely have not watched every single video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Vasco da Gama?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I KNOW that he broke one when dropping Space Pirates since that was actually one of his complaints. I don't know if there was anything actually GOOD that broke when he dropped it... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the dump is a good test of component quality. Games are meant to be played with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Pirates is actually the only one I know of.

Games can take a bigger beating than you think. Besides, I'm simply dropping them straight down on the table, not sucking my fingers with nachos and bending them back with my teeth, like I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
... not sucking my fingers with nachos and bending them back with my teeth, like I've seen.

Played a game of Der schwarze Pirat the other day only to find my five-year-old sucking on the coin bag out of nervousness. perhaps I shouldn't have foregone dinner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal Behal

Newtownabbey
Antrim
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
Space Pirates is actually the only one I know of.

Games can take a bigger beating than you think. Besides, I'm simply dropping them straight down on the table, not sucking my fingers with nachos and bending them back with my teeth, like I've seen.

My copy of Cold War: CIA Vs KGB had it's first play with my opponent covering the cards with oil from the bag of crisps he was eating; you should see his copy of ninja burger; not even a year old and the cards look like if they have been used for years and years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Shay
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's hoping to up the value by making them look antique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Dedrick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I think my favorite component drop that I have seen so far is the one for Super Dungeon Explore the way he oh so gently set the minis on top was priceless

Sp3nce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.