Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
N.Makri / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh God! how dificult this thing is.

I remember how hard it was and the hours I spent in order to start rolling this solo game!
Unfortunately I put it aside and now, many months later I want to play it again!

As you can imagine I forgot almost everything and I have so many questions again!

Please help me because I recall having a good time when the headache goes away!

SOLO ok?

1) when the robot recruits, it recruits all of the cells in the first priority satisfied. it does not split. correct?

2)a) Minor jihad. if the card played from the robot for ops is 3 and there are 2 good countries. each one has 1 cell. are they both going to have jihad and then a fair country or just one of them (based on jihad priority box?
b) if the 2 cells are in the same good country. does the robot roll 2 dice for jihad + 1 dice in another good country?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. (9.4.2, last sentence)

2) a) Yes. (9.4.2.4, first sentence)

b) Yes. (9.4.2.4 again)

Sounds like you remember it pretty well! Enjoy!

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
N.Makri / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes but I am not sure about anything I do.
You know what ? I will try to replay the sessions that some good people here had the good will to write down. I believe that I will be ready easier this way
Thanks Volko!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am *trying* to learn this game and from what I can gather it's much easier to play both sides in a two player set up rather than going solo right out of the gate.

Also these videos are very helpful:
Left Hand Reviews - 07a - Labyrinth: The War on Terror - Part 1
Left Hand Reviews - 07b - Labyrinth: The War on Terror - Part 2

Made by:
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
N.Makri / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
one more question

is it the same with travel to and travel from? (like recruit I mean)

when the correct destination is found ALL of the cells move there? or just the first cell and then move on?

And since you found the destination then you have to find the FROM where. when you find the first applicable ALL of the cells move from there? or just te first cell and then you try to find the next applicable?

please answer quick! I WANT TO PLAYYY cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Travel is not the same, it is an exception (the other exception is Radicalization). See parenthetic note in 9.4.2 and then 9.4.2.6 and 9.4.2.6.1.

For Travel To, only 1 cell per box on the chart.

Then determine origins separately. This may all be from one box, but may not be, since the number of cells in a Regime Change country would be going down for each that travelled, or since different countries are adjacent to different destinations, and so on.

I mark each "To" country selected with a black die as a reminder, then determine "From".

vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
N.Makri / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
another one

PLOT resolution

case : unblocked plot in schengen country
funding + understood
roll posture of schengen country. understood

"If schengen(which it is) jihadists select 2 other schengen countries and rolls their posture"

2 random Schengen countries from all 6?
2 random Schengen countries from the ones that are already tested?
2 random Schengen countries giving priority to those with same posture as USA? (i believe it is this one)

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. The governing rule is 9.5, 3rd bullet: roll on the "Schengen" table. So it would be random among those 6 countries (not Eastern Europe), regardless of their Posture.

That rule is written to keep things simple. If you want to make your jihadists more intelligent, naturally you could have them select first countries with opposite posture of the United States, as you suggest.

Regards! Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
N.Makri / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes as far as I understand you tried to make them intelligent but we can make wiser decisions for them

Ok

Minor Jihad question

Jihadist use 3 OPS for minor Jihad
There is a country with FAIR government and 3 cells. there are also other countries with cells and Fair governments that a succesful jihad would affect them but the first country should be used because of priorities

Should I throw the dice one after the other moving to the next country if rolled succesful? or all together? I am 99% sure that you throw them all. but this means you waste succesful rolls as the country can be worsened just once

I hope that is the last one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. See 8.1.2.

This is true for a player playing the Jihadists as well: all Operations on a given card are pre-designated, so a player would have to commit all 3 cells in the Fair country before knowing how they roll. (It is true that a player could decide to commit just one cell in each of three Fair Muslim countries to Minor Jihad, though using a 3-card having cells distributed in that way is relatively rare. If a non-player Jihadist had just one cell in each of 3 Fair countries, it would do the same.)

Imagine the jihadists in real life launching their guerrilla assault. They would send their fighters into the streets around the country without knowing ahead of time how tough their government opponents would be. Warfare is risk.

Please keep the questions coming! Regards, Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.