Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, how do you find it works, and what do you do about the calender?
Also, what storage solution have you come up with? Plano box #?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
If so, how do you find it works, and what do you do about the calender?
Also, what storage solution have you come up with? Plano box #?

I'll post a picture later, but I cut some scrap cardboard up to make wells for each of the ticket values at one end and leave all the find tiles loose in the main box compartment. The cards, tokens, and coins live in two plastic bags.

I don't see a lot of value in a draw bag. It's easy to just flip all the tiles face down, stir them around and make up stacks of 5. That way you get a completely unambiguous game clock for everyone to see.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
draw bag is not really necessary. I use random stack, it's easier.
Just put the tiles in zip lock plastic bag for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the tiles and money in a zip lock, tuck it in the large compartment with one set of tickets on each side of it.

In the small compartment I have a small plano box with the player tokens in it and the final set of tickets tucked on one end. And the cards are in a small plastic bag on top of the plano box.

This wouldn't work if you store the game upright but it works fine for flat on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat idea of using the cloth bag; allow for better randomization, but I find it unnecessary as there are already locations to store the tiles. I usually will remind players whether it's the scoring round if you think that the tiles will obstruct some player's view.

As for storing, I use small plastic container for each bits; money, VPs, player pawns. As for cards, I simply leave it free in the box, but I'm thinking to get a small string/cloth bag for it. Fortunately, everything fits in the box.

Let me know if you need me to post a picture yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely use a draw bag. Consequently, I use a large pawn for the calendar round tracker.

This solution does many things I value:

+ Speeds up setup time
+ Provides well shuffled find tiles
+ Makes the calendar more legible

I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Vaquero
Spain
Pinto (Madrid)
flag msg tools
badge
Visita www.ludikaRus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dshortdesign wrote:
I definitely use a draw bag. Consequently, I use a large pawn for the calendar round tracker.

This solution does many things I value:

+ Speeds up setup time
+ Provides well shuffled find tiles
+ Makes the calendar more legible

I highly recommend it.

Absolutely agree... I prefer to speed up the setup and have a more legible calendar using a draw bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good points, David. Will do this in future. Will move Lara from month to month on the calendar to keep track of where we are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.