Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Moore, Jay Ouzts, Willerd Fann, Eric Alleman and I re-visited our roles as Broadway producers in another raucous match of Dirk Henn's Show Manager (also known as Premier). Of course, I insisted that we each play the role of producers, and introduce each show with the proper fanfare ... or excuses. This 'role-playing' elevates the game to another level, sort of like the bad Italian accents in Mamma Mia or gangster personas in Family Business. It just wouldn't be the same game ... or as much fun ... without it!

This game saw more shouts of 'Clear It!' than I think I've ever seen. I attempted to stay out of this rejection mania, but was forced to follow suit later in the game in my vain attempts to secure a better selection of performers. Alas, I seemed destined to produce shows featuring dancing penguins and flatulent wiener dogs. In short .. most of my shows sucked big time!

Eric jumped out to early leads with some impressive productions, but fell into the trap of running out of cash and not being able to rip any money from his previously produced shows. He was planning on ripping money from his Queenie production, but, alas, an opponent produced the final Queenie before he could rip his show. Thus, he was forced to spend his final four turns simply taking the 'freebie' performer. This resulted in an abysmal production of Ballet, which he was counting on to be stellar to make up for his previously raided shows.

In the end, Jay's record of producing above average shows carried the day:

Jay 48, Willerd 43, John 42, Eric 32, Greg 31

Ratings: Jay 8, John 7, Willerd 7, Greg 7, Eric 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.