Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the owner of the smuggler capital building get a chance to swap a trade good before his economy is scored at the end of turn 8?

The rules clearly state that you get a VP for every coin of income you generated on turn 8. Since you get income before capital building benefits, that seems to indicate you do not get to improve your economy with smuggler. However, scoring economy is done after capital building benefits, and those rules were written before anybody had a way to alter their economy after collecting income in turn 8...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The income has already been collected and therefore the smuggler ability would not help the smuggler get extra points from earned income.

HOWEVER, if you have the Capital Building that gives you VPs for each trade good owned...well, that's still fair game for the smuggler on turn 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
So while the economy is scored after the capital Building benefits are taken, you score the economy as it was before, not as it is then?

I lean towards the opposite interpretation myself, where I choose to interpret the text as a guideline on how to score, while keeping in mind that the clarification was written before Smuggler existed. But I can go either way on this. I would like to hear others hike in and maybe even get a real ruling.

Btw, we did play it as you interpret the rules last night, when this issue came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up for the original game's West Indies Co. (1 free trade good a turn) and Glenn ruled in the following thread that it doesn't count for end vp's...

Timing of West Indies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, that completely settles it then! Thank you do much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.