United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So someone recently gave me Arkham Horror, and I was able to play it once with a group of friends. As an avid BSG player, I was skeptical that I would like Arkham because it has no "traitor" aspect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty fun.

I went out and downloaded the iOS "Arkham Horror Toolkit" app, thinking that I might be able to use it to assist in playing some solo games, or in Arkham games in general..

I see that it has all the Location and Other World cards in it to draw.. but I couldn't figure out one simple thing: How do I get it to reshuffle the decks?
When I tell it to choose a new investigator (the closest thing I can find to "Starting a new game"), there's still a view of the "last card drawn", so that makes me think that it wasn't shuffled.
Also, there is (at least? I haven't memorized the cards) one Other World card that explicitly says to reshuffle the deck, and I couldn't figure out how to make it do that.

Any ideas?
Is this a known limitation of the app?
Should I just use the physical cards (since you already have to use the physical Mythos and "small" cards anyway)?

Edit: I'm going to leave this here, in case someone else has a similar question to mine, but apparently the confusion was also a side effect of a misunderstanding of the basic rules! Oops! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Rice
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the app myself as they havent made it available for anything but Apple products yet ( ;( )

But you're likely to find your answer here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_temas.asp?efid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
(Yeah, I am an Android zealot, but better boardgame support was the #1 reason I got my ipad instead of an Android tablet robot )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The help screen in the app states" When the encounter on the card is resolved, tap the icon at the bottom of the card to reshuffle it back into the deck". The icon pictured is at the left edge.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Who reads help files anyway? blush

(Also, maybe this is a rule of the game I was getting wrong anyway; in general, are Encounter cards supposed to always be reshuffled back into the deck or do they go onto the bottom/discards?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Encounter card decks are always shuffled at each draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonman wrote:
Yes. Encounter card decks are always shuffled at each draw.

Encounter cards (Arkham Encounters): Shuffled before draw.

Mythos cards: Not shuffled. A card in the Mythos deck explicitly says to shuffle the deck when drawn.

Gate cards (Other World encounters): Not shuffled. A card in the Mythos deck explicitly says to shuffle the deck when drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh.. Well then, my question is still open. I guess I wasn't distinguishing the term "Encounter" cards between Arkham and Other Worlds.

How do you shuffle the Gate cards in the iOS app when that card is drawn?
(The answer might still be in the help files, though...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the iOS app and can't imagine playing with all of those location cards and all of those deck shuffles without it.

Every deck is randomized by the app after every draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustin LinkDead
United States
California
flag msg tools
I just got the app and anyone else notice that the same card gets drawn twice in a row or sometimes every other time? I even went through the cards and it seems like many cards aren't even coming up no matter how much I use it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.