Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on current momentum, this guy should be a shoe in. It's a 1in wooden die with the Fleet logo stamped on the 6 spot. It's big enough to act as an alternate start player marker, but even better stay tuned to see how it might be used in future Gameplay. We're excited about this.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/fleet-build-yo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a bit random - I was personally hoping for fish animeeples previously mentioned elsewhere - hope that makes it in to a future stretch goal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:
Seems a bit random - I was personally hoping for fish animeeples previously mentioned elsewhere - hope that makes it in to a future stretch goal...

We all want that too, but as a stretch goal I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to get that one past the bean counters. We'll keep you posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant! Who does love di(c)e? Especially oversized and wooden ones- any chance of using weather beaten driftwood for thematic effect?

However, very intrigued by this:

bno70_1 wrote:
but even better stay tuned to see how it might be used in future Gameplay. We're excited about this.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/fleet-build-yo...

As per the fish-meeples, although they would be great as a stretch goal, it is possible to get fish-meeples for Agricola and use those. This is the only place I know I can get a specific Fleet die...

[edited to add comment re fish meeples and save x2 posting]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:

I may have to support this. ninja
Looks like a great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
riddlen wrote:

I may have to support this. ninja
Looks like a great game

it is... promise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to keep going back to the fish-meeple discussion, but if cost is really the issue, perhaps you could add a separate funding level of a few extra dollars for people who want them. I know I would sign up. Little things like this go a long way in my opinion toward making the game fun and immersive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:
Sorry to keep going back to the fish-meeple discussion, but if cost is really the issue, perhaps you could add a separate funding level of a few extra dollars for people who want them. I know I would sign up. Little things like this go a long way in my opinion toward making the game fun and immersive.

The cubes represent crates of fish, which, in my opinion are just fine. Besides, fish meeples are not cheap - B&B sells them in a pack of 10 for $1.60 and you need 8 packs. I do not believe 80 fish meeples would be 'just a few dollars'. I for one am fine with the cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:

That is a very good idea. My best guess is that it would be, for example, $30 to get the First Mate ($25) + wood fish. Again, total guess. I am not sure how many people would do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't speak for others, but I definitely would be in for fish-meeples for an extra $5. Thanks for the response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mb
laphilfan wrote:
nberndt wrote:

The cubes represent crates of fish, which, in my opinion are just fine. Besides, fish meeples are not cheap - B&B sells them in a pack of 10 for $1.60 and you need 8 packs. I do not believe 80 fish meeples would be 'just a few dollars'. I for one am fine with the cubes.

Excellent point...the crates are probably more thematic than individual fish would be.

In fact, here's a link to where you can buy the real thing!

http://www.helesi.com/english/fish_crate_gb.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Custom fish crates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep an eye open for today's update to see how we're gonna put this thing to use. YOU the gamer are going to decide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Oldford
China
flag msg tools
rdonato926 wrote:
laphilfan wrote:
nberndt wrote:

Excellent point...the crates are probably more thematic than individual fish would be.

In fact, here's a link to where you can buy the real thing!

http://www.helesi.com/english/fish_crate_gb.html

I think the crates you're looking for can be found here and here. Those look more like processing trays, not storage crates.

In any case, I'm definitely in favor of the crates. I'd really love to see more detailed crates if the stretch goals go that far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appear to be in the minority here, but I still think wooden fish would be far more aesthetically appealing, and immerse me into the theme of fishing far more, than wooden cubes or wooden cube-like crates. I know the rules say that the cubes represent crates, but in a game about fishing, if you want to draw people in, add "curb appeal", enhance the theme, etc. - you gotta have fish. My 2 cents, for whatever that's worth - and I promise I won't post again on this topic...

But as my last-ditch appeal, here's a pic I found on BGG (from a game called Fishy) that might help to make my point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:
I appear to be in the minority here, but I still think wooden fish would be far more aesthetically appealing, and immerse me into the theme of fishing far more, than wooden cubes or wooden cube-like crates. I know the rules say that the cubes represent crates, but in a game about fishing, if you want to draw people in, add "curb appeal", enhance the theme, etc. - you gotta have fish. My 2 cents, for whatever that's worth - and I promise I won't post again on this topic...

But as my last-ditch appeal, here's a pic I found on BGG (from a game called Fishy) that might help to make my point.

they exist for sure, that is not the issue. This isnt totally dead yet. I proposed an add on funding level as we discussed before for people that want them, the issue is that the fewer people that want them, the more they cost. keep fighting the good fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Kickstarter forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.