JW
Australia
Doncaster
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, I've sleeved up all the cards and divided them (with their tokens) using the plastic game bags that come with when you buy Mayday sleeves. The 3 promo characters, however, come with much higher quality bags (also fits better as it's not so tall).

Any idea where to get those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking online, or in general?

I can't say for online, especially not for a place that won't charge your firstborn for shipping.

Offline, my suggestions would be craft/sewing stores, big hardware stores or, if you have one, a plastics specialty shop.

Baggies are widely used in crafting to hold beads and notions, so they're frequently available.

Hardware stores MIGHT have them... they're used to hold screws and washers typically.

A plastics store is pretty uncommon. I'm lucky I have one nearby. They make grip-seal baggies in about 20 different sizes and thicknesses. Very handy. Haven't been there in a year though because they're out of the way on an industrial park.

As a general fallback idea, I'm currently using SNACK SIZE baggies. These are half the size of reular grip-seal sandwich bags, which makes them slightly deeper than the cards are wide. They work great, except that they're twice as tall as they need to be, and the tops stick out over the top of the box a bit, but they can be pushed down (I had to pitch the insert).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW
Australia
Doncaster
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess firstly I want to know where specfically Brad got them from and whether that same place sells them online. Practically though, I'll have to look around Melbourne to see what shops sells them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those 1/2 sandwich bags work great. Especially when your roommate accidentally buys them thinking they are full sized sandwich bags, then gives them to you for all your gaming needs. You know we've all been there where we accidentally bought the half size thinking they were full sized. Works very well for thick decks (thicker than BattleCON).

If you go to Hobby Lobby/Michaels/whatever you have, look for jewlery bags. They are fantastic, readily locally available, and very cheap. Great for holding small decks of a dozen-ish cards.

The bags they used in the game are probably ones the printer had available. Which we might not have the same access too. But who knows.

It's been said already, but using one "penny sleeves" to store all a characters cards works great! ....if you don't sleeve. (I know OP sleeves, this is info for others who stumble upon). This is my personal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MooseyFate wrote:
Those 1/2 sandwich bags work great. Especially when your roommate accidentally buys them thinking they are full sized sandwich bags, then gives them to you for all your gaming needs.

I buy them for a buck a box at the Dollar Tree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
crushedguava wrote:
I guess firstly I want to know where specfically Brad got them from and whether that same place sells them online. Practically though, I'll have to look around Melbourne to see what shops sells them.

The printer takes care of acquiring those, so I have no idea--probably directly from the manufacturer. I am pretty sure you can get them from board game suppliers like Game Crafter and Boards & Bits though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
B&B definitely has them. They're awesome in general, but especially for BattleCon. I've got each character, his tokens, and his stand-up in a separate bag. That makes it nice and easy to pick a character and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.