Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Zaleski
United States
Wintersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've never actually ended the game because we used up ALL buildings available (churches, factories, and shipyards) after 3-5 plays. This includes last night where we went 3-5 rounds more

Due to the funkyness of the wording in the English translation for the Navegador, we started wondering about the wording of this phrase.

"or after the last building has been taken"

Could someone with good knowledge of the original rules clarify that it's all buildings being gone, or just a single row/type being gone?

Also, do others actually end the game on buildings before the exploration tiles dissappear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware, which was reading through the forums when this game was first introduced and all the initial gameplay questions were asked due to it being a new game, is that it indeed takes all of the buildings running out, including churches and shipyards to cause a game to end. And it has happened in my games several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played twice but both times we ended the game by depleting all of the buildings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All buildings.

What do you call the exploration tiles? The blue rondels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The last game I played we were pretty close to clearing out the buildings, I think there were just 2 factories left. Not 100% sure but I think they also got bought up on the last turn just after Nagasaki got explored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a lot of group meta here. My group has only triggered end game by getting to Nagasaki maybe twice - though there have been a number of times that someone has gotten there on their last, post-end game-trigger turn. We usually run out the buildings pretty quickly. Some games we rarely make it to stage 3 - but that is how our table sees the run out of the game. Both end conditions can end the game brutally fast for your opponents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Quirken
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting to see how this varies group-to-group. In the 3 player game we just played, very few buildings got sold. 5 shipyards, 1 church, and about 4 factories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.