Biomechanical Dino Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about drawing Paralyze card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mickey Chan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can we know when someone has to draw a Paralyze card for Paralyze effect?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Propst
Austria
enzenkirchen
upper austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is actually a good question! I have asked it myself before. Players could easily cheat by not telling the others they had Paralyze cards in their hands. Maybe there should be a rule that has you reveal the paralyze card upon drawing. My partner Nate and I will give this some thought.

Or maybe you have an idea yourself? Who knows

Thanks for your question!

Cheers,

Andi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Moore
United States
Cairo
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually you should know on discard that they drew a paralyze card. While its technically to late to do anything about it, it makes it more difficult to hide the fact that someone is trying to cheat.

Can they still cheat?

Yep

To be honest though, there are quite a few games that have mechanics that make it easy to cheat in. If you find that someone is cheating or has a tendency to cheat, we will put an optional rule in the rule book that the paralyze is instead triggered on discard and stays out for the next round of play. Would that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple fix: Don't play with people who (intentionally) cheat.

Of course, that doesn't help for people who draw the card and forget to do what they're supposed to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.