Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
Some game publishers use crowdfunding service www.kickstarter.com?ref=bggforums and offer game sets expanded by some additional promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spammed? Reminds me of the guy on SNL who dropped a word inbetween every so often as a subliminal hint.

edit: post in question was removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Actually, it fits a bit with the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
godunow wrote:
Some game publishers use crowdfunding service www.kickstarter.com?ref=bggforums and offer game sets expanded by some additional promo cards.

My mind isn't completely understanding the explanation. Can someone elaborate a little more on this?

I don't know what crowdfunding is exactly (though I can surmise a bit from the site), or what is meant by 'game sets' or 'promo cards'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say you have an idea for a project (game, CD for your band, indie movie, etc..) but you don't have the money to make it happen.

Enter Kickstarter.

You create a project page there to tell people your project idea, typically accompanied by pics of whatever you have done to show them you're making quality stuff.

You set a funding level of how much money you need to do the project, and several contribution levels and what people will get if they pledge that much money.

For a boardgame, there's typically something like this:

$10 You get a free copy of the bonus cards and your name in the credits
$40 You get a free copy of the whole game, and your name in the credits
$50 You get a free copy of the whole game plus bonus cards and name in the credits
$100 Two copies of the game w/ bonus cards, name in the credits, and you get to pick the name of one of the Character cards in the game
$250 Four copies of the game with all the goodies and we'll drive to your house within 4 hours of and host a game night to teach all your friends how to play

Then sometimes there are stretch goals. ie - We need $10,000 to do the project. BUT, if we collect at least $15,000 then we can afford to do plastic minis instead of tokens and everyone gets an upgraded copy with the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much.. good 'splainin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.