Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So occasionally our Galactic Core has a Pile-on of galactic proportions. Throwing in too many ships makes seeing stuff problematic. Our solution, pick up a few plastic disposable wine glasses (the ones with removable bases). When a hex is about to get crowded, place the wine glass upside down over the top of the wood pieces, placing the ships on the base of the glass. Simple and cheap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Litko has a nice similar solution:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang... I just noticed in that picture that they have cool cut-out starbase tokens, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
And their upgraded monoliths look amazing!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
I don't like any of those piece designs. Monoliths should just be solid black. The starbases look junky, I mean why even bother. I could imagine such a better starbase design. The stand looks good though.

Wish someone would release actual good looking ships for Eclipse. People are paying $50 for 2 unbalanced hexes and a discovery tile, I think they would pay for good ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:
I don't like any of those piece designs. Monoliths should just be solid black. The starbases look junky, I mean why even bother. I could imagine such a better starbase design. The stand looks good though.

My opinion: Those add-ons rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Litko stuff is pretty cool. They also have individual flight stands for your ships.

I just placed my order for starbases, ship stands (inlcuding starbases) and the Monoliths! I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them over the past couple years. I use their fire & smoke markers, smoke and area markers for Flames of War. I use the smoke and trailing flames for Wings of War.

They are a good company with cool ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice stuff, but I prefer the flat cardboard versions of those components (Starbase and Monolith) as they are instantly distinguished from the 3D plastic pieces as immobile elements of the game; at a glance, you can see where potential threats are going to come from. For me, a Starbase doesn't need to stand out like the ships do because if you're planning an invasion, you're already analyzing everything about each hex (VPs, planets, etc.).

It's all a matter of taste, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I wonder if it would have helped with this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Hmm... I wonder if it would have helped with this:

Pacifists, always trying to coexist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The game DOES have the two breakout markers, which we end up using at least once per game (usually in 001), but yeah, it'd be nice to have a more elegant solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
The game DOES have the two breakout markers, which we end up using at least once per game (usually in 001), but yeah, it'd be nice to have a more elegant solution.

Would also be nice if there were two A markers and two B markers (one for the hex and one for the area where to ships were laid out, could be on a mat), but I rarely use them anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:

Yeah, we actually could have used the breakout markers, but it was the last turn and we thought it was more interesting to pile them up on the board. I'm sure this isn't the biggest final combat that anyone's seen (especially since it was a 4p game), but it amused us anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
This thread suggests ways to modify eclipse ships to both improve the appearance & reduce the space they take up in a hex.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/715687/ships-look-bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.