8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Original Wooden Bull in a China Shop Game Old Century rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raven Blackbird

Washington
msg tools
I have this game in good shape with all parts including instruction/story pamphlet. The only thing wrong is that someone put packing tape on the lid to keep it on the box. I am pretty sure I can get that off with goo gone without hurting the wooden box. It is NOT the newer cardboard box card game. What would you consider is the price for this. I can't find it for sale here, ebay, amazon..anywhere else I've looked, so assuming they are fairly rare. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that it's possible to assess value until we know an awful lot more about this game you have.

Why not add it to the database, then upload some images, rules, etc.

Have you played it? A session report would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I'm not sure that it's possible to assess value until we know an awful lot more about this game you have.

Why not add it to the database, then upload some images, rules, etc.

Have you played it? A session report would be helpful.

It's in the database already: Bull In A China Shop

It's one of those over-produced Front Porch Classics things.

Most of those never caught on with gamers. A very few people might want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Blackbird

Washington
msg tools
Thanks for the advice on what and where to post info on it. I'll do that soon. As for overproduced things, why can't I find them anywhere for sale if so overproduced. My grandaughter and I played it the other day, the spinning top worked great and she loved it. There are several different ways to play and keep score, she made up our own rules and kept score and kicked my a**! I'll definitely put all the info up in the right spots. Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
By "over-produced" most people here [myself included] don't mean the size of the production run but the quality of the physical production of the game compared to the quality of the game itself. At a certain point, the cost of simply having cooler "stuff" to play with doesn't hold any value to most people here if the game isn't awfully close to being as cool itself. Most of these all-wood Front Porch Classics / Old Century titles are well-known offenders of having excessively pretty "bits" but pretty awful gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, it's a Front Porch Classics version of the same game.

Yeah, those are pretty undesirable around 'the geek'. This is a pretty enjoyable game, but I really loathe those FPC versions. They're actually not exactly over-produced imho, they're usually tacky and lack the same inherent quality of the game they're reproducing.

I've actually seen lots of versions of this game at craft stores, or at thrift. It goes by different names but it really isn't so much a game of strategy or skill, just luck. That's why it has little interest from gamers on this site.

By the way, Raven, you'll find them for sale, just not for auction or on this site. The payoff isn't worth the investment. Where you'll find them is a closeout place like Tuesday Morning. They have loads of FPC crap which they get in that doesn't sell elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.