Recommend
50 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Weight Loss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
Avatar
mbmbmb
I want to pat myself on the back....

I used to weigh 273 pounds. I never thought to much of it since I have always been big. But then I realized I was only 27 pounds away from 300. That was a wake up call. Sort of.... This was a year and a half ago. I never did anything about it. I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic (A1C was about 6.9). I had high blood pressure. My wife kept telling me that I needed to take care of myself.

Well, I've now done something about it. I joined Weight Watchers over two months ago and started to watch what I eat. I like WW since you can eat regular food but just figure out how much you are really eating. Started walking and trying to make it a regular activity.

I am proud to say that I am now 240, off both my diabetes and blood pressure medicine, and fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for years.

I'm pretty proud of myself and my family is happy for me. My goal is 211 which is what I weighed when I enlisted in the Army 20 years ago.
59 
 Thumb up
4.53
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news! Have you got into the habit of drinking a lot of water, yet? My health and energy levels increased when I made it a habit of drinking 6 to 8 cups of water per day.
My trick is that I don't use water bottles that you can drink from. I pour water into a glass and keep that within reach at all times, then gulp it down in large measures when I see it.
11 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
Avatar
mbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Excellent news! Have you got into the habit of drinking a lot of water, yet?


Yup. I have a 40oz cup. I fill it up all the time. I estimate that I'm drinking about 120oz of water a day.

Why, yes, I do have to pee a lot. Why do you ask?
15 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Troy!!!

You can do it!
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you Troy!

You should be proud of yourself. This takes a great deal of will and determination. I hope your family is supporting you and helping you keep away from temptation.

And remember, this is a life-style choice so once you get down to 211, level off but don't go crazy with the junk.

Stay positive!
9 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to convert all those numbers in my head but still sounds like you've made great progress even when counting in kilos. Keep it up!
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
Avatar
mbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Trying to convert all those numbers in my head but still sounds like you've made great progress even when counting in kilos. Keep it up!


15 kilos.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
clandaith wrote:
I want to pat myself on the back....

I used to weigh 273 pounds (124 kg, 19.5 stone). I never thought to much of it since I have always been big. But then I realized I was only 27 pounds (12.2 kg, 2 stone) away from 300 (136, 21.4). That was a wake up call. Sort of.... This was a year and a half (47,336,400 seconds) ago. I never did anything about it. I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic (A1C was about 6.9 (144 mg/dl)). I had high blood pressure. My wife kept telling me that I needed to take care of myself.

Well, I've now done something about it. I joined Weight Watchers over two months ago and started to watch what I eat. I like WW since you can eat regular food but just figure out how much you are really eating. Started walking and trying to make it a regular activity.

I am proud to say that I am now 240 (109 kg, 17.1 stone), off both my diabetes and blood pressure medicine, and fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for years.

I'm pretty proud of myself and my family is happy for me. My goal is 211 (95 kg, 15 stone) which is what I weighed when I enlisted in the Army 20 years (631,152,000 seconds, 0.02 millennia) ago.

There, made it international. ninja

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
13 
 Thumb up
1.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats. I've never met you but I'm rooting for you to reach your goal.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I also am losing weight as I was denied admittance to the harry potter ride last summer due to my 400lb body. Since july, i have been on a paleo diet wirh minimal to no exercise. I am currently sitting at about 296lbs. My blood pressure has dropped significantly, my resting pulse dropped by 20, my waist is 14" smaller and many other benefits. My target is to get down to 250.
10 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I retired about 4 years ago, took a good luck in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. I weighed 240 and just didn't have any energy. I joined Weight Watchers and the Y and began to shed the pounds.

I lost 45 and have managed to keep it off. I don't got to Weight Watchers but am faithful to the Y 4-5 days/week.

Best of continued success to you.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
Avatar
mbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
Congrats! I also am losing weight as I was denied admittance to the harry potter ride last summer due to my 400lb body. Since july, i have been on a paleo diet wirh minimal to no exercise. I am currently sitting at about 296lbs. My blood pressure has dropped significantly, my resting pulse dropped by 20, my waist is 14" smaller and many other benefits. My target is to get down to 250.


Bagherra,

That ROCKS! Keep it up. We can keep rooting for each other along with everyone here who's rooting for us!


Orangemoose wrote:
I retired about 4 years ago, took a good luck in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. I weighed 240 and just didn't have any energy. I joined Weight Watchers and the Y and began to shed the pounds.

I lost 45 and have managed to keep it off. I don't got to Weight Watchers but am faithful to the Y 4-5 days/week.

Best of continued success to you.


That's way cool! More power to you. I need to start really exercising.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clandaith wrote:
Bagherra wrote:
Congrats! I also am losing weight as I was denied admittance to the harry potter ride last summer due to my 400lb body. Since july, i have been on a paleo diet wirh minimal to no exercise. I am currently sitting at about 296lbs. My blood pressure has dropped significantly, my resting pulse dropped by 20, my waist is 14" smaller and many other benefits. My target is to get down to 250.


Bagherra,

That ROCKS! Keep it up. We can keep rooting for each other along with everyone here who's rooting for us!


Orangemoose wrote:
I retired about 4 years ago, took a good luck in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. I weighed 240 and just didn't have any energy. I joined Weight Watchers and the Y and began to shed the pounds.

I lost 45 and have managed to keep it off. I don't got to Weight Watchers but am faithful to the Y 4-5 days/week.

Best of continued success to you.


That's way cool! More power to you. I need to start really exercising.


Exercising kicks in endorphins - you get a great sense of accomplishment. Also, if you exercise moderately for 30 minutes, it kicks up your metabolism for 24 hours. For women, I think they need an hour.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, mate! I'll have an announcement of this caliber soon as well.

Well, not up to 15 kilos yet, but I've still been losing weight. It's such a good feeling you get, when you accomplish something of this caliber.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Congratulations!

I think the best things that helped me lose weight were a thermometer, a food log, and learning about nutrition (specifically, how many calories I need burn and how many calories were contained in the food I eat). Doing that allowed me to set very tangible and realistic goals, which I was able to meet.

Keep up the good work!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.