Popular Tags: [View All]
David McCartney
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently purchased the two starter sets after being pulled into the game by watching the "Watch it Played" videos and I'd love to get some games under my belt using Dropbox and Vassal.

Anyone interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Brígido B. Sales
Brazil
Fortaleza
Ceará
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropbox? I use the program but i failed to understand how is it used to play Summoner Wars on Vassal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCartney
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of emailing the blog files back and forth, you share a dropbox folder and deposit the there. Saves email clogging, plus some people I know may game in a place where email is blocked and /or monitored but Dropbox may not be (which is odd, but hey!).

I've been using Dropbox for several Eclipse games with a lot of success. Make sense? If not ask questions and I will try to advise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Try getting on Vassal with the SW module and you'll find people on and off, usually in the evening, late at night, or weekends. Here's a great tutorial on using it...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?t=841

And if you haven't already, you'll need to create your decks (Vassal does not come with any pre-made faction decks) which you save to your computer and can load for any game. Or you may find someone who's already made base decks and can load them for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do most people communicate via skype when playing on vassal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCartney
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the middle of a game right now and all of our communication has been through the .vlog files or email. First time doing this though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Velasco
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in a PBEM. Drop me a line if interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.