Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2008 I introduced myself to the world of boardgaming. Being a big kid, I fell in love with Descent, it's multitude of components and it's rich theme. After playing many games of this with my friends, I wanted something slightly different that would give us an epic game time. After wandering my FLGS, I was hesitating between TI3 and Starcraft TBG. I went with Starcraft (no regrets, I love it) because it seemed a little shorter and more straightforward, wich ended up exactly what I wanted.

But.. I always had this curiosity about TI3. My group finally disbanded after everyone had finish school, guys moved out of town, and I almost gave up on gaming, apart from the occasionnal visit with my friends and brothers. Then I made a new girlfriend, and she liked gaming. So I started to buy games again, more euro styles, and with a renewed interest in board games of all kind, I finally, thanks to a post on BGG, was invited in a gaming group. We play every monday, various type of games, but I discovered these guys also love the occasionnal TI3 game. So TI3 returned in the back of my mind, and became more and more interesting, with a new expansion and all.

So, recently I bought World of Warcraft the board game, and while browsing for the expansions on ebay, I found a seller in my area that had a whole bunch of FFG games, brand new. He had both WOW expansions at a big discount, and surprise, he had a sealed copy of TI3 for 58$. After torturing myself a couple of hours, I decided to ask the seller for shipping charges for all 3 boxes, and he told me there would be no extra charges. So I pulled the trigger and pressed 'buy it now' and now the coffin box is sitting in my bedroom, with the mighty lion emirat staring at me. This deal was too good to pass on, as I would have never paid full price for a game I will probably play 2 or 3 times a year (maybe less), but at least now I can rest peacefully. And by the way, did I mention this game have 2 expansions as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I promise not to attack your system in exchange for all of your trade goods. You can totally trust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uriah Harding
United States
Great Falls
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the same position as you and infact I even posted about me wanting this a few weeks back. I ended up "pulling the trigger" as well and have not regretted it once; infact I just purchased the first expansion It took only one game for my group to get used to it and now it is a weekly request at the gaming table for my group. I still havent won a game but I am thankful that it has already seen the table two times in one weekend.

Hopefully your group will be just as willing to table it and I am positive you will never look back at this choice with regrets.

Congratulations!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats mate. Im still waiting on playing my first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too took the plunge and have a copy that should be on my porch Monday.
As usual bought it from CSI and made sure I get free shipping so I also tossed on a copy of Rex and some sleeves until I hit the $100 mark. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.