United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently attempted to quote a post in one of the forums that contain a list of game links:

GSReis wrote:
Some great suggestions so far! Not mentioned yet:
Blue Moon City
Bison: Thunder on the Prairie
Entdecker: Exploring New Horizons
Java
Louis XIV
Mykerinos

Not exactly area control (score is based on absolute number of pieces, not on relative position to other players), but with the same feeling:
Australia

When you quote that...it's a bit hard to know what each link is. Quote this post and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Any chance we could see some sort of annotation/tag on the geeklink to tell us what it is?

e.g. [ thing=21882 alt=Board Game:Blue Moon City ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do this:

Blue Moon City

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
You can do this:

Blue Moon City

True. But I'm at the mercy of what others have done when I quote them and if they've not used that approach, then I'm back at square one. I suppose I was thinking something that's more controlled by the markup itself rather than the relying on user entered data.

Like, for example, when you use the Insert Geek Link to add a board game...the generated markup automatically comes with the name of the game embedded.

I don't think you'd necessarily want it embedded like you've done it because name changes in the database won't auto-correct the links.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.