Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, how many MP/MF does it cost to go from I1 to Y1 along the road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is too open of a question. What type of unit and what are its properties?

In general the MF/MP is doubled if using the road and quadrupled if not.

Edit: Still, it's a very good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actually that's not exactly correct

For any vehicle it's +4 MP unless using road then it's +2

For infantry it's doubled in all cases

However, in Mark's picture you're going from a level 1 to another level 1 - very interesting indeed - i'll have to dig deeper in the rules since the level 1 elevations aren't contiguous, my gut is telling me my answer above is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, assume a good order 1st line squad with no SW and a BU CT fully tracked AFV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It just so happens that I was reading about this this afternoon, so I'm sure that this is a case of an Abrupt Elevation Change (A10.5). So:
1. Infantry: 3MF (1 [each intermediate level descended] plus 2 [COTx2 to ascend 1 level] [each intermediate level ascended]).
2. Vehicle: 5MP (2 [each intermediate level descended] plus 2 [ascending 1 level via road] [each intermediate level ascended] plus 1 [COT]).

The 15BB8 to AA9 reference in the A10.51 example is to a situation of exactly this kind (without the road).

EDIT. Minor but important correction: ascending 1 level to enter Y1 is not an intermediate level. Oops. shake
EDIT #2. Corrected the vehicular MP cost for ascending 1 level via road (thanks Chuck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
OK, assume a good order 1st line squad with no SW and a BU CT fully tracked AFV.

thats the rule as written

I am having trouble finding a QnA that addresses the level 1 to level 1 issue though

it's NOT an abrupt elevation change however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctewks wrote:
I am having trouble finding a QnA that addresses the level 1 to level 1 issue though

It most definitely is Chuck. The 15BB8 to AA9 example I referred to above is unmistakable. Check the ASLRB and your own copy of board 15 to satisfy yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice spot John. The example in B10.51 captures it perfectly. I had to break out board 15 to see it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ctewks wrote:
drmark64 wrote:

thats the rule as written

This situation comes up in Shenam Pass which is on the MoFo list for Nor'Easter. Chuck is the director. So pay attention here Chuck. The guy from Scotland knows his ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
This situation comes up in Shenam Pass which is on the MoFo list for Nor'Easter. Chuck is the director. So pay attention here Chuck. The guy from Scotland knows his ASL.

Ach, I was just lucky. Like I said, it just so happened that I was reading that rules section earlier this afternoon. I'll need time to develop familiarity with the ASLRB sufficient to deserve the accolade you've thrown my way. Thanks all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JMcL63 wrote:
ctewks wrote:

It most definitely is Chuck. The 15BB8 to AA9 example I referred to above is unmistakable. Check the ASLRB and your own copy of board 15 to satisfy yourself.

I sit corrected -- indeed this was an interesting example and one that I will keep in mind come the 23rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
ctewks wrote:
JMcL63 wrote:
ctewks wrote:

I sit corrected -- indeed this was an interesting example and one that I will keep in mind come the 23rd.

Another thing to keep in mind is the Extra MF Infantry will benefit from if staying on the road the Entire MPH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.