Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Smith
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. I go there to look at things and basically if it isn't a staff pick or already funded or something I can't figure out how to just browse a category. I click on board and card games and I can either browse staff picks, popular this week, most funded and recently successful. I have NO idea how to find the newer offerings to browse except by going thru the entire list of "help us make our music albums" or "help me fund my splatter painting/poetry projects" etc. How are you all finding the projects to fund to MAKE them "popular this week"? Not that I'm rolling in money or anything, but I would find it interesting to see the new offerings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have I have no idea.

If you click on "Discover" then goto Games and Board & Card Games, then click on "More Popular Items", I think it shows you everything, but in order of popularity.

At least, I hope so, because that's how I've been browsing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to wait until the game hits the game forums here to have any knowledge about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dian
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! I felt the same way when I was trying to browse the other day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McGregor
United States
Flushing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I agree!

I back a lot of crap on kickstarter and nearly all of it was linked to me.

I try to browse stuff on there and it seems impossible.

For such a nice looking site they really make it difficult to find things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I typically use this link to check out what board games projects are currently active:

http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/board%20&%20c...

If you want to check out previous projects (ones that ended and were successful) you can check them using this link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/board%20&%20c...

Easiest ways I've found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Griffin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try subscribing to this geeklist

Kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
toothygrim wrote:
Seriously. I go there to look at things and basically if it isn't a staff pick or already funded or something I can't figure out how to just browse a category. I click on board and card games and I can either browse staff picks, popular this week, most funded and recently successful. I have NO idea how to find the newer offerings to browse except by going thru the entire list of "help us make our music albums" or "help me fund my splatter painting/poetry projects" etc. How are you all finding the projects to fund to MAKE them "popular this week"? Not that I'm rolling in money or anything, but I would find it interesting to see the new offerings.

Yep, it's terribly organized for browsing. Here's what I've found:

1. Click Games. Don't filter down to Board/Card Games if you want to see RPGs as well, because you won't see them then.

2. Visit See more staff picks to see stuff Kickstarter wants to highlight.

3. Visit See more popular projects to see current projects in semi-vaguely-chronological-but-not-quite order. This is where I go to find new things on KS.

I visit every couple of days, so by viewing popular projects in Games -- which is kind of a combination of popular and new -- I can usually catch most things that interest me. Mix in the recommended GeekList and folks sharing links on Google+ and I feel pretty well covered.

Kickstarter should make that process much simpler than it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it should simply be organized in 5 different ways, with easy to view tabs:

1)Chronological: Starting with newly added, ending with about to end.
2)Alphabetical
3)most popular (this could be most views, most backing, etc)
4)successfully funded
5)unsuccessfully funded

If they wanted to put an "OUR PICKS" feature section they could certainly do so. And of course, don't forget to "favorite" items you want to keep your eyes on.

Not sure why they haven't made the lay out more simple and user friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel I'm a Kickstarter junkie, checking the site several times a week, if not daily and I've already backed a dozen projects.

My search strategy is to simply type "game" in the search box at the top of the page and hit enter 2 or maybe 3 times.

That way you get vertical lists of game related projects and about 12 results show up on each page. But I'm not sure how these things are organized, (because even on the first page there might be projects that are finished) but there is usually some good stuff on the first couple pages, but you might also want to go through 6 or more pages of projects because even 6 pages in there are still projects looking for backers.

I hope this helps, it works well for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just used my method and have already seen a half dozen projects that weren't there a day or so ago. It seems hard to tell how long a project has been posted, but these 6 or so are new to ME today.

Time to fire-up the credit card. soblue kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go here: Discover / Games / Board & Card Games / Popular
Or, just follow: Boardgame Kickstarter Projects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Smith
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone... that was mostly a rant, but thank you for all the good info and links!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.