Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My group is usually 7 players, and it's tough to find games with good depth of strategy for 7 that are playable in 90 minutes.

I've got Nightfall and Blood Country. I was thinking of splitting each of the five starting decks so they have one copy of each starting minion, then pulling out 3 actions and 3 minions with the lowest Influence and Strength -- one of each color of moon to complement the starting cards -- and adding one copy of each to the 7 starting decks.

Obviously it will give a little bit of a boost to the beginning of the game, as everyone can chain at least a bit, but what other impacts might it have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackberry wrote:
but what other impacts might it have?

Additional length. Nightfall is an incredibly fun game, but when the chains get overly long, the game tends to bog down a bit. We usually try to avoid even 5 player games, even though they work fine. We prefer to play with 3 or 4. Using an additional set of minions from ML, my group once played with 6, but we wouldn't do that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
The draftable orders have multiple color links, which would allow for much longer chains in the first few rounds, unbalancing the start of the game. I'd suggest acquiring another set of starters and since you have the base game I'd suggest The Coldest War for that.

Edit: Forget to mention that I'd also recommend splitting into 2 separate games (could play 2 rounds with top players paying each other in round 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
We prefer to play with 3 or 4.

I second this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.