Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Taylor
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game of Dragon Rampage last night, and while the game is very solid and fun, I was very disappointed to find that several of the hero cards reference dice that don't exist, specifically red yellow and black dice. Considering the dice are white with multi-colored inlays, and the rules talk about dice with shapes (square, octagon, hourglass)this is extremely confusing. through the process of elimination we were able to figure out what was being referred to, but I shouldn't have to "figure it out". I can only assume that the cards were not proofed at all and reference an earlier version of the game when colored dice were used instead of shapes. Several cards reference numbered spots on the board as well, though this is less of an issue (but still)

Will this massive error be addressed? Replacement cards made available to replace these errors? I'd love to recommend this game to others, but would rather do so with out the caviate of "once you fix these several things you'll have great fun with it". Don't mean to be a negative nancy about an otherwise great game, but when you buy a game you expect it to be correct by design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Engilis
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Refer to page 3 of the rulebook ... the lower right corner, the discussion of the different icons which continues on to page 4. It is there that you will find your answer. In fact you already own the red and yellow dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I appreciate you pointing that out to me, and I really do, you do understand that is completely ridiculous on the publishers end, yes?

"The crafty icon appears only on the 3 dice with a square frame - referred to on the player cards as the yellow dice because they are the only dice that have the crafty icon"

"The hero icon appears only on the 3 dice with a octagonal frame - referred to on the player cards as the red dice because they are the only dice that have the hero icon"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they should have noted the dies as square, octagonal, and hourglass on the cards, but it looks like the easier fix was to revise the rule book to reference yellow, red, and black dies, respectively, than to revise the affected cards. For this reason and others, the text on the cards is my biggest disappointment with this game. One of the cards instructs the player to roll three black (hourglass) dice, but there's only one in the game. Either the yellow or red dies would have worked for the purpose of the card, but it references the one type of die of which there's only one.

I expect consistent use of gameplay terms and phrasing on board game cards to eliminate confusion and the need to reread cards to understand what they do. Sadly, I equate DR's cards to a poorly designed UI in a PC game. I'll volunteer to provide edited text for both the rule book and the cards to ensure consistency throughout for the (hopefully) 2nd printing, as I (and my gaming friends) would love to get my hands on revised cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.