Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing the larger Campaign Scenario over the last couple of days and it resulted in a Slim Axis Victory but more important, a discovery of another excellent game.

The combat system is a little different than the other two games but in a good way and the supply zone points for combat make things even more tense not to mention the Refit Resource Point decisions.

This game has three scenarios and 10 nationalities on those big nice counters and the map & cards look excellent as well.

I think you guys will be happy with this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you briefly tell us about the battle resolution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The combat system is like this: Heavy Weapon units (Tank & Motorized Units) hit on dice rolls of 5 & 6 and Infantry units hit on dice rolls of 6 but there are other factors involved, like terrain & Fortification modifiers, and supply status, cards modifiers if used. Also the first hit is decided by the opposing player and the hit after that are decided by the own player and some hits can be satisfied by retreat if the unit is able to do so or reducing a unit if it has two steps and the elimination if it's on it last step or is a one step unit.

Also each unit rolls the number of dice equal to their combat factor!

Some units can be brought back from the eliminated box, to the refit box, to the reinforecment box at a reduced state but all at refit point cost each turn. Refit Resource points can be spent for: Drawing a card, Refitting a unit on the board from a reduced side to full strength in in supply, moving a eliminated unit from that box to refit box, moving a refit unit from refit to reinforcement box or building a fortification. Each side get three Refit Resource points per turn, to spend in whatever way best help them. It's a very difficult decision to know what way to spend your Refit Resource Points each turn but enjoyable.

Units eliminated out of supply are destroyed and can not be refit, out the game permanently

The map has different zones and each zone has a different supply cost to have combat in. The Axis will pay more supply points the farther they get from their supply source of El Agheila and the for the Allies, the farther they get away from Alexandria the more supply points they pay to have combat. These supply zone are all marked on the map and each side get a certain number of supply points per turn with a few variables as well.

Both sides have scheduled reinforcements which I just put on the turn track as and easy way to speed up game play and see what units are coming for each side as the campaign goes back and forth.

Overall very fun to play and it gives you a better understanding of the swings in combat in North Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I just ordered the game and I am sure glad to hear we have a winner.
Unfortunately, Worthington's games (for me anyways) have been very hit and miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How does the system handle possible pocketing maneuvers? Can you cut supply?

Thanks
Simo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Wallendael
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay, are their counters to keep track of Turn Order, Replacements etc... based on the image posted it would appear they didn't include these markers in the game. If this is the case, it is pretty sad for a game this long in getting printed to have this type of mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
George, I am not sure why but there is no turn marker or supply resource markers, so I just marked the blank counters that came with the game to reflect the missing marker counters that I am sure they were suppose to be. No big deal but someone should have caught this easy fix!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We explain in the rules to use an OUT OF SUPPLY marker to track supply points. It was intentional. You got us on the turn marker. And it went through multipl sets of eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.