Subject: Question about game end bonus tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pier Paolo Garagnani
Italy
Bazzano (BO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, is the game end bonus tile always worth one point or is the additional point only counted in case of a tie?

English rules are not very clear about that and the scoring example doesn't clarify.

Yesterday I have lost a tournament final by one point at my club, due to the interpretation that the bonus point for ending the game is to be added only in case of a tie.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always one point for the player who triggers the end game, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
In my PDF of the English rules:

The scoring section says a player adds "the sum of the points on all his bonus tiles". The "Game end" bonus tile is (of course) a bonus tile, so you should add it.

The tiebreaking rule ("If two or more players tie with the most points, the player who earned the “Game end” bonus tile is the winner.") doesn't say you shouldn't add the point to your score if there's no tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Paolo Garagnani
Italy
Bazzano (BO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I guess my buddies' point of view was that players that come early in the turn order are advantaged to finish the game first, so the extra point is to be used only as a tiebraker, as explained in the tiebraking rule.

This made quite sense to me, so I did not stress the issue too much.

I asked here only for the sake of accuracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.