Subject: feedback and inspiration for a campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicklas Sorensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hello there!

I am currently trying to work up a small campaign,
but in need of inspiration from fellow Heroquest players!

To keep it short and simple, I've made a Villain by the name of Archeduke Beziel(using the Jozan figure from D&D Fantasy Adv. Boardgame).
He will act as the commander/leader of the Chaos Warriors.
Beziel will return several times during the campaign, which will last 4-6 adventures in total. The "reason" for why the heroes must undergo this campaign, will be that something terrible has happened(ideas are appreciated) and they must figure out who did this.

I'm thinking, that the different adventures will consist of different scenarios, where the players have to fight their way through the dungeons to get answers from specific characters or maybe do a quick puzzle or buy information from a certain person.

My idea for the intro is that they're given a short story, about this terrible thing that has occured, and then they're given word that they might find some answers from a Goblin named Nimm in an infested fort nearby. This goblin is terrified and answers very little, only bringing the heroes mroe questions than answers, and they have to find more clues.

I would like some feedback on this if anyone is willing!
and of course, more ideas and inspiration for both special traps, plot twists, characters etc.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Sorensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Right!
I've been working hard all day trying to make up some ideas for my campaign. Here's my work so far if anyone is interested:

-The terrible thing that occured, would be that a Dark portal opened up in the middle of the area known as Dalmore forest. From it, Evil minions spawned and raided the forest and also the nearby cities.

-I've made an introduction to the Campaign, where the heroes receive a letter from their Mentor, to return to his library to speak with him. He tells them of this portal and that all armies of every kingdom have assembled to besiege the portal for as long as they can. Meanwhile, the heroes will have to find out who's responsible and why.

-The first adventure starts out, when the heroes are in the city of Dimworth, where a shopkeep tells them of a curious goblin named Nimm, which put his nose into a matter that might concern the portal. Nimm is kept in a prison in a Fimir Mine. Before the heroes leave, the Shopkeep asks of them to search for a long lost family heirloom in the mines. If they find it, he'll reward them 200 gold pieces.

-The second adventure starts out, when Nimm tells the heroes of an unholy chaos shrine in the high mountains above Dalmore. He overheard his master, The wizard known as Maylore(which will be a loyal subject to the Archeduke), talking about the shrine. The shrine holds great power which could overthrow the balance between good and evil forever. The heroes are to investigate. To enter the shrine, a small riddle needs to be answered by the heroes. still working on the riddle.

I have already made the first adventure in a PDF ^^

as said, any feedback, suggestions, changes, or ideas would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at oldscratch.smackwell.com ... That's an active HQ forum. (With foul language.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.